Re: Refund - Page 46

Refund

i filed Jan 25th 2020 was accepted Jan 27th 2020. it’s been way past the 21 days no idea what’s happening.. anytime i try and look up my status it says it can’t provide me any info

Refund

I just received my transcripts. What does the "processing date" mean? My processing date is set for today 3/09/2020 and also under Code 570 (Additional Account Action Pending) is also for today 3/09/2020). What does this date mean?

Refund

the only thing the stinkin irs tells you is that you return still processing and it under a 60 review then your refund will be issued after the day you call i called today so now im waiting 60 days  wow

Employee TurboTax Specialist

Refund

Please click this IRS link https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-utl/transaction_codes_pocket_guide.pdf to learn what the codes on your tax transcript mean. 

If you have further questions please click How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)?

Refund

I have had numerous problems this year.  I filed on 01/26 and was given an estimated federal refund date of 02/17/20.  When I did not get my refund on 02/17/20 I called the IRS and they said that it was delayed because form 1095A and 8962 were not filed with my return.  I thought Turbo Tax checked your return before transmitting to the IRS because it should have caught this.  I faxed the forms the same day I called them and they said it was going to be another 6-8 weeks that was on 02/18.  That is when I asked for a Tax Advocate.  I have been assigned a tax advocate and two weeks ago she told me that the refund was being processed and it would take at least two weeks.  Hold on!  It gets better.  I called the IRS on Friday and the referred me back to the tax advocate who told me that according to their records the irs would not update the status until 03/28.  That is the same amount of time that it would have been had I not asked for an advocate.  So I politely asked her what was the purpose of me being assigned to an advocate because it seemed to me that I am going to be waiting the same amount of time had I not asked for an advocate.  She told me she was going to make some calls and get back to me within 2 hours.  She did call back on Friday afternoon and left a voicemail message telling me that she is going to speak to her manager today (Monday) and she would call me by 9:00 am.  Well I am still waiting.  Now my state refund!!!  I went to check the status of my state refund and I see an update that they sent me a letter saying that they need to verify my income.  WTH????  This has been the worse year by far using Turbo Tax.  Why does the state need to verify my income when Turbo Tax automatically transfers the numbers from the Federal to State refunds?  I don't get it.

Refund

First it's not just Turbo Tax... I've spoken with several people that are having the same issues and they used H&R Block.  I believe it's just this tax year is all screwed up..... The Where's My Refund site that the IRS tells you to use because it's an accurate account for what's going on with your refund, is a joke.. It's not correct for everyone... I know from experience... But now for lots of taxpayers, it is just a waiting game, which is horrible.  Good luck

Refund

I was actually able to talk to a person and they told me they mailed out a form on March 1st for me to send back verifying I had insurance for the whole 2019. 

Refund

I have been waiting for 2 weeks for an advocate to call me back and I have an eviction notice for APRIL 5

IRS says my refund will be issued on April 23 and it was accepted on Jan 29

Refund

it so stupid that we all haft wait 

Refund

Yes, that is what happened to me and it was on 02/18 that I talked to a live IRS representative.  Luckily I asked for the fax number and I was able to fax the forms they said were missing the same day.  When I talked to another representative at the IRS on Friday, they have finished manually adjusting my Federal return so I don't see why I have to wait 8 weeks.  If it's done, it's done and just release the refunds.

Refund

Turbo Tax, H&R Block, etc. should have the technology to check to see if all your forms are done before they transmit your refunds.  When they did the check when I completed my Federal return it said it was all good even though I answered yes to the question about whether or not I received health insurance through Obamacare.  When they ran my state return they let me know that a form was not available for car depreciation and would not accept the return until the form was available, they even sent me an email when the form was available so I could finish my state refund.  If Turbo Tax could do that they can also let you know if you did not file a form such as the 1095A or 8962.  

Refund

Yes I filed on the 2/5/20 and it said I would get my refund on the 2/26/20 . I still haven't received it yet and now it just say still processing. 

Refund

@Sennya wrote:

If over 21 days since being Accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.
Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.
Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
It should then transfer you to an agent.

Refund

Im still waiting on mine it says refund accepted since February 22, 2020. I have not received my refund yet and I’m very concerned it never took this long. I think that I’m gonna go the H & B.

Refund

@cnunez01 wrote:

It would be a waste of time and money going to HRB since your tax return has already been filed and accepted by the IRS.  If you e-filed another tax return it would be rejected by the IRS since they have already received a federal tax return with your name and Social Security number.

Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."