Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

WENDYANN
Returning Member

Question about refund advance

If you qualify for Refund Advance and are approved for the Turbo Visa Debit Card1, you’ll be notified by email of the approved amount and you’ll be able to start spending online, typically within 48 hours of the IRS accepting your return.

We'll email you instructions on how to set up your Turbo Card account to start spending online.

The temporary card info will work for 15 days or until you activate your physical Turbo Card, which will arrive within 5 to 10 business days of IRS acceptance and loan approval.

The rest of your refund (minus any TurboTax fees) will be loaded on the same Turbo Card as your Refund Advance, typically within 21 days from IRS acceptance. You’ll be able to spend the money anywhere Visa is accepted in the U.S. This includes physical and online stores.

If you weren’t approved, you will receive an email from First Century Bank, N.A. with the reason for denial and contact information if you have additional questions about the decision.

Well not so much.  I was approved.  Got my email and set up my account.    My temporary card never worked I called customer service 8 times with  8 different answers. Then I received lie physical card and lo and behold it never worked either. This  Has been going on for a week and I'm still unable to get the money for my advance. Now I'm told they had to send out a brand new card because the number was bad.  I  This is absolutely the worst ever I have had to deal with obtaining an advance from my taxes.

WENDYANN
Returning Member

I am truly so sorry to hear that you are experiencing such a difficult time with your refund advance. Here is some more information that may be useful. I do hope that you are able to use the new card and that your experience will help fix these issues for the future. Thank you for letting it be known that you are experiencing issues so that the issue can be fixed and your satisfaction is most important. 

If you created a Turbo Visa Debit Card online account and have funds available but you’re unable to use your temporary card number for online purchases, call us toll-free at  (888) 285-4169.

If you received a Refund Advance last year, you’ll need to create a new account to see your Refund Advance funds for this year. You won’t see the funds if you log in with the account you made last year.

I just filed got approved they told me i can get 500 on the advance but now saying im not approved didnt get an email stating why

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Your approval is based on the size of your federal refund and your tax information, along with other factors. You may not receive the Refund Advance if one of these factors doesn’t meet the qualifying standards of the lender. Please call 1-888-679-8122 for further assistance. Check your junk or spam folder for an email. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I'm in the same boat. No one there seems to answer any of the phone lines or can understand my simple question regarding this. By not receiving my rapid advance (email said i should have got it yesterday but all the links are broken; i called in to say that i cannot set up the account because that link is broken. The other work around is to just set up your account but this requires the full 16 digits of the debit card that is coming in the mail) Still their answer was: you can sets up the account so you don't have to wait for the card for your rapid refund amount of 500 which is currently available on the account i cannot access???) This is ridiculous. No one would even take my rescind on the application which must be done by COB within 24 hours of the execution date??? My formal email complaint came back today saying i contacted the wrong department even though i used the exact link applicable in the webpage. 

Raphael

I paid for the instant refund and it was accepted. However, they didn't ask for my bank info. How do I get what I paid for

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please review this link thoroughly for more information: click on all relevant topics 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-refund-advance/00/27333

Professional
Returning Member

Normal e-file with direct deposit is the easiest but takes a little longer.  It avoids delays and diagnostics.

I applied for it but haven’t heard anything about it I got my card and everything already 

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

One hour after the return is accepted, you should get the temporary card information via email (please check your Inbox/Junk/Spam folder) which then has to be set up with an online account. Forty-eight hours after acceptance, your advance money will be available on the virtual card.  For more information, please click here.  If you need additional assistance, please click here for instructions to contact TurboPrepaid customer care.

Professional
Returning Member

Normal e-filing requires validity checks before a refund can be issued.  The only way I know of to get an immediate refund is through a RAL.  Is H&R Block creating a RAL to expedite the refund?

Peepia
Returning Member

My state was issied on Thursday and I didnt gwt it in my account.why?? Are you homding it till my federal is issued because I paid thru my return?? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I finally got my advance on the 30th. Around 2am. I got accepted the 27th. 

Fstax2018

Can I start over from scratch I feel like I did something wrong 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies