turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Question about refund advance

So I have searched high and low for an answer and this is my last resort. 

I WAS offered the refund advance when I filed, and have set up the turbo card account per the e-mail instructions. Today I was emailed saying the IRS HAS ACCEPTED my refund. Now I've read 2 different things

1. The funds are available within an hour of acceptance (which it has been)

2. It can take up to 48 hours to receive the advance funds. 

So the questions are., Which is it one hour or 48? and if it's one hour who can I speak with about the finds not being available?

I used the free edition but I don't feel the extra money is worth the support for one question. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

294 Replies

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-refund-advance/00/27333#sh-collapse1

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I've read through every article about the advance thank you for that but it wasn't helpful. This is something that is not mentioned. In case you didn't see above, my refund advance was approved. And my return WAS ACCEPTED. But still no funds. 

Well that link does have a section for how fast you get it.  It says.........

Once the IRS accepts your e-filed return and if you are eligible and approved for Refund Advance (a 0% APR loan with $0 loan fees) and the Turbo Visa Debit Card, you’ll be able to start spending online, typically within 48 hours of the IRS accepting your return.

I understand. I was just trying to clarify because some places it says 48 hours and others say one hour. Hoping to see it by tomorrow. 

I also submitted my taxes, e-filed on 1/13/20. Its been a little over 24 hrs and still no email, and status just says pending.

@amandasvo12 Only a few returns have been accepted in a small early test batch.  The rest of U.S. humanity will have to wait until the IRS begins to accept returns on January 27.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-opens-2020-filing-season-for-individual-filers-on-jan-27

Wait until after January 27 to get that email about acceptance/rejection.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

It's been 48 hours for me (I was accepted 1/12) and still nothing about my advance :( and I see no where to speak with anyone about it 

So it's true. If my return is accepted, I can really take out a small loan advance from it ?

Only if the Advance was offered to you when you filed.  Not after you file.  And it's not offered to everyone.

Info on Tax Advance

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-refund-advance/01/27333

I spoke with someone in support. They will not start sending advances until the 27th when they start accepting the all returns. 

I spoke to the bank giving out the loans directly, they said I should have an email tomorrow. Have to wait a full 48 hours from IRS acceptance. Sounds like they were not prepared for them to accept test batches but she said if I don't have a confirmation email with my deposit amount by tomorrow to call back. Turbotax support was able to give me the # for the bank.

Thank you.   I have been wondering the same thing. I was accepted on the 13th.so it's a full 48 hours before I'll receive an email  ?

I was prequalified for 500.00. I was accepted yesterday. I just got an email that says i was not approved for an advance. Now i have the card for nothing. Should have just had it direct deposited. 

I spoke to turbotax rep, he said you are not approved until you get an approval email, He then stated that they will not start giving out the money until the 27th. I told him I would not have taken the green dot card if I was not prequalified for the loan, his response was to amend my taxes to a direct deposit. Yeah like I am really going to do that. Im not using turbo tax next year

Manage cookies