Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

My refund status says accepted but not approved it's been 3 week's

Please read xmasbaby0's post above. There are various reasons for a delay in your refund and it is up to the IRS to determine what it is and contact you in writing when they have a conclusion.

Even though the IRS issues 9 out of 10 tax refunds within 21 days, it's possible your return may require additional review and take longer to process.

For some taxpayers, PATH Act requirements and other identity-protection safeguards implemented by the IRS may account for longer wait times.

Other things that can delay your refund include, but are not limited to:

• Liens, back taxes, or refund offsets
  • Errors, inconsistencies, or missing information
  • Identity fraud
  • Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation, which can take 11-14 weeks to process

Also, if you chose direct deposit, your financial institution may need another day or two to post the refund to your account, so keep that in mind.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

My tax return was accepted on February 10 and I still have not gotten the refund. Not sure what I need to do. Also filed independent and have not received any stimulus check as well. Is there something I am doing wrong?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

TurboTax does not get any information about refund status. You must check the status yourself using the IRS refund tracking web site: https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Stimulus info:  https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

Did you get it a week after that or na

Generalcop
Returning Member

Why is taking so long and where can l get my poor w2 dating back of 2014

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Most refunds are received within 21 days from the time a return has been accepted (received). For the most up-to-date information regarding the status of your tax return and a specific date of when to expect your refund, please visit the IRS Where's My Refund? site. Please see the TurboTax FAQ When will I get my IRS refund? for more information.

To track the progress of your state tax return, see the TurboTax FAQ How do I track my state refund?

TurboTax does not retain copies of your W-2's. To see your options on how to obtain a copy of your W-2, please see here

@Generalcop.

Julie Burpo
Returning Member

How long does it take from accepted to approved.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Everyone's tax return is different and therefore the processing times can vary. Most refunds are received within 21 days from the time a return has been accepted (received). For the most up-to-date information regarding the status of your tax return and a specific date of when to expect your refund, please visit the IRS Where's My Refund? site. Please see the TurboTax FAQ When will I get my IRS refund? for more information.

To track the progress of your state tax return, see the TurboTax FAQ How do I track my state refund?

@Julie Burpo

Same here. Submitted February 10th and accepted, but the status still hasn't changed to approved.

I note that multiple people are asking this question and people are "answering" with unrelated answers, but still no one has answered why a status would sit there on "accepted" without changing to approved for so long.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Accepted means they have received your information and it is being reviewed.  There could be a number of reasons as to why it is still in review.  Since we do not have access to your return information on this public forum, please see this helpful thread here for further details.  

That "helpful" link answers a different question. Still no one has answered the question at hand.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

@thatwave This article should answer your questions, please take time to read it.

My return got accepted. What happens next? - Community 

No, that literally does not answer the question. You are like a bot sending unrelated links and not actually reading or addressing the question that people keep asking.

Hsieck19

Same, we filed back in January and understood that they won’t start looking at them until 2.12.21 and on the 11th we got “accepted” but nothing since then. I claim a dependent every other year and I have never had this problem before with it taking so long. Tomorrow is the 3 week mark and it still says “accepted” and not “approved”. I will say that on the app there is a bar at the bottom that was half blue that say “federal returns accepted “ and the date it was. But as of today the blue bar is full and still shows “accepted “ above. Maybe it’s about to be “approved”?! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies