turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Cmmatthews12345
Returning Member

My bank reject my deposit on February 24th when should I receive a check from IRS

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

My bank reject my deposit on February 24th when should I receive a check from IRS

Banking information for direct deposit is wrong

If you entered incorrect banking information for your refund, you can change it if your return is rejected.  If it is accepted, however, it is too late to change it.  The bank will reject the refund and send it back to the IRS.  Then the IRS will issue a paper check and mail it to the address you put on your tax return.  Expect a delay of at least a couple of weeks to receive your refund.

Here is what the IRS says about entering incorrect banking information

https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/tools-faqs/faqs-for-individuals/frequently-asked-tax-questions-an...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
kwood407
Returning Member

have u received it yet and if so how long did you have to wait. 

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@kwood407 If your bank rejects the direct deposit and the funds are returned to the IRS, allow 1-3 weeks to receive a refund check in the mail.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
kwood407
Returning Member

is this using your Santa Barbra tax payer thing ? because they took my fees out and it says sent to the bank but i called my bank they had me read the account number with contained one extra digit and they said it would have been rejected because there is no way the would have expected it because name, routing, and account number all 3 have to match. 

just wondering because IRS isn't open so i am confused.  

DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

If you choose to have your TurboTax fee taken from your refund, that refund will be handled by Santa Barbara Tax Products Group (SBTPG) A Greendot Bank Company, not TurboTax.

Here is information about getting help with your refund that is being handled by Santa Barbara Tax Products Group:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/who-provides-pay-with-my-refund/00/26410

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies