Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My 2019 tax return has not been processed yet and it was accepted March 28th, 2020

@Maggie12686 wrote:

I still don’t have my taxes processed... it’s been 4 months

I filed late but my goodness. Now I can’t get the next round of stimulus checks because I don’t have this done yet. 😕

If you are eligible the Recovery Rebate Credit it is claimed on your 2020 federal tax return on Form 1040 Line 30.

The TurboTax program for 2020 will ask if you received or did not receive a stimulus payment in 2020.

My 2019 tax return has not been processed yet and it was accepted March 28th, 2020

OK ... first it will take as long as it will take to process the 2019 return ... nothing you can do about it.

NEXT ... you do not need the 2019 return to be processed before filing the 2020 return.  A couple of things you need to know ... 

1) when asked for the 2019 AGI to efile the 2020 return enter a ZERO since the 2019 return was filed late in the year

2) the stimulus checks that WERE based on the 2018 or 2019 returns mean nothing any longer.  If you did not get all or any of either stimulus distributions then you will indicate that on the 2020 return so you can get it on the 2020 return.  Once the program has been updated sometime this month the stimulus question will be in the REVIEW tab as you finish the interview.  

Try  calling to check the status of your refund at the IRS website.

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

800-829-1040

First choose your language.
Then 2
Then 1
Then 3
Then 2
When asked for SSN do nothing it will ask twice
Then 2
Then 4
You should then be transferred to an agent, but there is likely to be a long wait.

If they can't assist you can try the Tax Advocate in your state. most are working remotely and have a backlog. 

https://www.irs.gov/advocate/local-taxpayer-advocate

jason122

Going on 9 months here! still nothing from IRS and to make the matter worse, its now 2021 and I cannot get info online....

My 2019 tax return has not been processed yet and it was mailed in on Feb. 5, 2020. They did send back my return receipt and did process my check though:) It's been 12 months since I filed my 2019 tax return. I'm set to e-file my 2020 return now. The numbers are not going to jive.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please contact the IRS for updates on your tax return. The IRS processes your return and will be able to update you on the status.

Please follow the instructions in the article below to contact the IRS.

How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Sorry for not saying anything but I got my money a month ago.  

I called the local appointment line they gave me a special number those people told me I was going to get a letter in a month or 2 asking me for more info.  So this day tracked things.  Turned out my one job messed up my return and mailed the amended I noted one was amended and gave them that one originally the problem was since they weren't looking at the mailed stuff they never saw it.  

I called the job had them give me the W2 and a proof of employment faxed it to IRS and go money in a week

Hope that helps

Tweetuums

There is absolutely no point in waiting on hold for an hour with them. All they tell you is the status. The agent I was sent to had evidently taken a course on mental abuse. She said "that's not true" 25 times over and over to drown me out when I said I had filed a 2019 return. She claims I used the no-filers tool and I was trying to tell her I didn't. Then, she stated "I'm going to be praying for you." After trying to gaslight me, she stated both that I used the no-filers tool and filed a return. Okay, if I used the no-filers tool why didn't I receive a stimulus? So now, they haven't processed my 2019 or 2020 returns, refuse to give me a reason and refuse to tell me anything except "it's still being processed." And, another stimulus will come soon that I won't receive because they refuse to process my 2019 and 2020 returns. The IRS is broken beyond belief, and our senators could care less to do anything to give us legal redress when the IRS can't be bothered to process our returns. This all started because my husband filed married filing separately which made me ineligible to use the no-filers tool. Only married filling jointly and single were allowed to use the tool.

rhick55

Any update here? My 2019 isnt processed yet. I owe IRS. I paid and the moneu was encashed rifht after they received my tax forms but everytime I check ny account in irs.gov it is showing that I did not file my 2019. I called IRS and they said that I they can see my income tax return but it has not processed yet. Its been 1 year now. How about the other here? Any update?

@Tweetuums 

Any stimulus payments you didn't get in advance you can apply for them on the 2020 return even if you are not normally required to file  so all is not lost.  As for the next stimulus payment ... again if you don't get it in advance then it will be a credit on the 2021 return you file next year.

@rhick55

The IRS is still processing 2019 returns ... last I heard they  were still about 2.5 million behind in processing them.

When I called the IRS (twice), both times they told me to put a Zero in the AGI column because my 2019 return has not been processed and it will match their system. I tried it and it does NOT work. Any other suggestions?  If all else fails, I will have to mail my 2020 return in, and it could take years for them to finally get to it. Frustrating!

Anyone having issues e-filing your 2020 taxes because 2019 has not been processed? It gets rejected because the 2019 AGI does not match what's on file because according to them 2019 hasn't been filed. So I'm stuck and can't e-file!

@debi0829 wrote:

Anyone having issues e-filing your 2020 taxes because 2019 has not been processed? It gets rejected because the 2019 AGI does not match what's on file because according to them 2019 hasn't been filed. So I'm stuck and can't e-file!

In that case for the 2019 AGI use an AGI of 0 (zero).

My 2019 tax return is also not processed yet. And 2020 return is not going through. Not matching AGI or PIN

@ saqibcheema1 wrote:

My 2019 tax return is also not processed yet. And 2020 return is not going through. Not matching AGI or PIN

We don't know what all you've tried. 

Did you try the 2019 AGI from your 2019 Form 1040, Line 8b, and it was rejected?

If so, be sure you use the 2019 AGI from the original 2019 return, not an amended one (if applicable).

I'll assume it's not a joint return since you didn't mention it.  If MFJ, one would enter the same total 2019 AGI for both spouses, without dividing or allocating it.

If it was filed real late, such as after mid-November 2020, or if it has been hung up in processing for a long time at the IRS, you can try using AGI of 0 (zero.)

If neither the 2019 AGI nor an AGI of 0 worked, if you have your 5-digit Self-Select PIN from your 2019 return, you could try verifying with that instead.  You would tell TurboTax you want to verify by another method--i.e., using the PIN field instead of the AGI field.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies