Kwood88

Letter from IRS!!

I just had the exact thing happen, I have been doing my own taxes for years and this year the numbers i provided do not even match what I put in and everything is all jacked up.

gail622

Letter from IRS!!

I got a letter from IRS said my taxes weren't done right.  I checked my end and it is right,  but Turbotax put in that my retirement and my husbands were a rollover and now I owe over 8 thousand dollors plus 2 thousands in interest.  Why don't TT pay for there mistakes.

Letter from IRS!!

First the IRS is not always correct  but if they are and TT made the error then put in for an accuracy guarantee.  Sadly most of these errors are made buy the user ...  if you didn't complete the entire 1099-R section and correctly answer the questions then that was not a program error.  

Any calculation errors on the part of TurboTax are covered under the Accurate Calculation Guarantee.  TurboTax will pay any penalties and/or interest due to a calculation error but not any taxes owed.  The Guarantee does not cover any user entry errors or omissions.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for the 100% Accurate Calculation Guarantee - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2566201-what-is-the-turbotax-100-accurate-calculation-guarantee

See this TurboTax support FAQ for submitting a claim - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901269-how-do-i-submit-a-claim-under-the-turbotax-100-accurate-ca...

See this TurboTax support FAQ for documents needed to submit a claim - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901060-what-documents-do-i-need-to-submit-a-claim-under-the-turbo...

Breonmyers

Letter from IRS!!

How do I change my payment status for my turbo tax

Letter from IRS!!

@Breonmyers   What do you mean payment status?  To pay the fees or a tax due?  Have you already filed?

Codyc426

Letter from IRS!!

Same happened to me. Its crazy what they do. And they keep trying to charge an account that has no money in it. So it keeps getting more negative/overdrafted

Letter from IRS!!

Call them.  Turbo Tax says......

We understand that these are unprecedented times and we’re committed to helping our customers who are experiencing hardships. If you’re in need of assistance, call us by the Tuesday prior to your debit date at 1-888-808-1723 to speak with a trained specialist and mention “auto-debit”, or visit TurboTax Support.

From top of this FAQ

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-tur...

Annoyed12

Letter from IRS!!

@VolvoGirl     To be clear with everything, we will not be billed twice if our refund haven't hit our checking account correct? For those of us who set up the automation for Turbo Tax to take out the charges from our deposit?

Taintmonster

Letter from IRS!!

Just received the same letter seems like I shouldn’t be paying for a service. My CPAwould not of screwed up . Whole reason for turbo tax is simple and accurate. Screw these people they need a class action lawsuit as it is . 

scb33635

Letter from IRS!!

Following as I had same question

Letter from IRS!!

If the refund is delayed then the TT fees only (+ sales taxes if any) are debited from the account that the refund was to be deposited to ... this was what  you agreed to twice in the interview ... you signed a contract with the processing bank.  Save a PDF of the return with all the worksheets to see the contract in writing. 

When or if the refund is ever released to the processing bank then only the bank processing fee will be withheld and the balance of the return sent to you.  Bank fee is $40 ($45 in CA). 

Annoyed12

Letter from IRS!!

@Critter-3  Thank you for answering for your buddy Critter...  Need this all in writing directly from you so thank you.

Annoyed12

Letter from IRS!!

@Taintmonster   Exactly my thoughts.  It seems like they're broke and need their money so they are effing us all in the butt. Cruel arse people.

Letter from IRS!!

@Annoyed12 wrote:

You can also be auto-debited if you signed up for Pay With My Refund and your refund is sufficient, but the IRS is still holding your refund 36 days after your original estimated refund date. In this case, you'll get the same email notifications from us, except we will debit the Pay With My Refund fee (if any) in addition to your other TurboTax fees.

Pjshannahan

Letter from IRS!!

Just do the same thing I did I opened up another account and left the account TurboTax is going to try to debit money from at a hefty zero balance. they will not be able to debit the money they **bleep**ed me too. This is the last time I will use this platform they can get that money when I get mine!