How do I submit a claim under the TurboTax 100% Accurate Calculation Guarantee?
Before you submit your claim, make sure that:
- You received an assessment notice regarding a tax return;
- You double-checked your entries and you believe you entered them correctly;
- Your contact information is current;
- (CD/Download software) You registered your software and your program is up-to-date (CD/download versions only); and
- You filed an amended return after we fixed the error, if we asked you to do so. (Don't worry about this part if you didn't receive these instructions from us.)
Please submit your case for review within 60 days of the date on your penalty assessment notice, as we only reimburse the penalties and interest on the first notice received.
You should also respond to the IRS or state tax agency (if they requested a response) as soon as possible, per your assessment notice.
If your claim is approved, we will pay for any penalties and interest incurred. You will still be responsible for the tax you owe on the return.