turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

t_knotts

Is there a way to access an ORIGINAL return, as filed, after an amended return has been created? I believe TT put the wrong number in the state form (IL-1040-X).

Filed original through TT on-time. Filed amended Federal later that year and just found that I forgot to send in the state amended copy (I was waiting for the Federal one to send word / refund and I forgot to send when it got here). Going over the form now, it says I have 0 additional refund but that's not possible since AGI decreased substantially. It put the same refund number in 31/33, and I think I actually had to pay when filed so there should have been an amount in line 29.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

Is there a way to access an ORIGINAL return, as filed, after an amended return has been created? I believe TT put the wrong number in the state form (IL-1040-X).

You should still have access to your original return. It should be in your tax documents. Please give our customer service representatives a call if you need assistance locating it.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

No.  If you amend an online return it replaces your original return.  You need to save the original return return to your computer before you amend it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies