turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Woa10 565

IRS doesn't show they have received my tax return. why

I filed in my 2018 taxes in 2019 and It does not reflect that when I go to the covid19 check payment

Hello i had a question, I have filed for both my federal and state.. both for E file. I have received my Federal but my State never came in. I tried to track and the state doesn't have any record. I have received the email and downloaded the PDF for my tax forms from turbo tax with a confirmation stating that my state was filed i was getting XXX amount and it was to be direct deposited in my account... Well as I've been checking the status it has been listed as Ready to Mail.. okay.. i click on the actual link to view my tax records it shows as printed. Am i just going to have to wait longer? i filed a little bit later between June and July with all the covid mess that's been going on  but i did file before the new deadline.

If you have confirmation of the successful state eifing the all you can do is wait for the state to process the return ... the covid situation has delayed  the processing at many taxing authorities.  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/how-do-i-track-my-state-refund/00/25571

If you did reopen the return and wandered about after filing and then closed the program you probably have a false status of "ready to mail" which you can ignore. 

@ EricLezime wrote:

Hello i had a question, I have filed for both my federal and state.. both for E file. I have received my Federal but my State never came in. I tried to track and the state doesn't have any record. I have received the email and downloaded the PDF for my tax forms from turbo tax with a confirmation stating that my state was filed i was getting XXX amount and it was to be direct deposited in my account... Well as I've been checking the status it has been listed as Ready to Mail.. okay.. i click on the actual link to view my tax records it shows as printed. Am i just going to have to wait longer? i filed a little bit later between June and July with all the covid mess that's been going on  but i did file before the new deadline.

You said you have received email that the return was "filed", but the terms "filed" and "efiled" are not necessarily the same thing.   Did you ever receive an email that explicitly said your state return had actually been efiled and "accepted?"   And when you logged back into TurboTax, did it ever specifically say at the Tax Home that your return status was "accepted?"  

When you log into TurboTax, at the Tax Home is it currently saying "ready to mail" for the state return?    "Ready to mail" implies that the return was not efiled.  Likewise, a status of "printed" implies it was not efiled.   Both imply you had planned to mail the return (TurboTax does not mail it for you.)

If it turns out that you have not actually efiled the state return, and assuming you did not file it by mail, you can reopen the interview back up, go to the FILE section and proceed to efile the state return    To open the interview back up, at the Tax Home you would click on the link "Add a State."   That doesn't really add one, but opens the return.

If you had indeed successfully efiled the state return before, it won't let you efile it again.  But it sounds like, based on the info provided, that is hasn't been efiled.

If Turbo Tax says Ready to Mail or Printed that means you have to actually print it out and mail it to the state yourself. So it has NOT been filed yet.  

Go back through the File tab and try to efile it.  Click on Add a State to let you back into your return. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies