turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If my non filers was accepted by the irs does that mean I'm approved for my stimulous or is it TBD

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

If my non filers was accepted by the irs does that mean I'm approved for my stimulous or is it TBD

Otherwise qualified would mean meeting the income limitation of making less than $75,000.  If you have filed or will file an informational return for tax year 2019 and no one has claimed you as a dependent for tax year 2019 and you meet the income qualifications you will receive a stimulus payment.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

17 Replies
KatrinaB48
Expert Alumni

Yes, if your registration submission was accepted then the IRS will send your stimulus check.

So what are they determainating if I was "accepted" that was the whole contents of the message .."the irs has accepted your return we will use this information to determain your eligibility" thank you for replying. 

DeanM15
Expert Alumni

The non-filers site basically fills out a 2019 federal tax return with $1 in income. The IRS has accepted your return. As long as you otherwise qualify, you should receive your stimulus payment. 

My father informed me that either 2017 or 2018 he might have claimed me as an adult dependant before I moved out..if it was 2018..could that be the "if otherwise qualified" you stated above. ? Or would that have been an automatic rejection code from the IRS, if my SSN was on another tax return?. As I understand it..if I was claimed on another return and it turns out it was 2018.. then I would be exempt from receiving my stimulous..Sorry I am having so much difficulties with understanding this. 

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

Otherwise qualified would mean meeting the income limitation of making less than $75,000.  If you have filed or will file an informational return for tax year 2019 and no one has claimed you as a dependent for tax year 2019 and you meet the income qualifications you will receive a stimulus payment.  

If my father hasnt filed 2019 though.......and I was claimed on 2018...will they look at his last return...and base my eligibility ..off of his 2018 return that might have me as an adult dependant? That is what I am concerned about..I read a reputable article that if you were claimed as a dependant in 2018 or 2019 you wont recieve the stimulous. 

sfody12

Did you ever figure this out? I am in the same boat and haven't seen my payment status update since I did my non filers on april 17th!

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Go here for stimulus info:  https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

This FAQ site may answer your questions.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

Hello I just applied for my non-filer Economic Pandemic Payment about two weeks ago. When I check e-file status is says the same thing that it has been accepted and waiting for Irs to process information I was wondering if you ever received your payment and how long it takes? Also I am waiting for mine in the mail because I do not have a bank account .

The IRS can look at your 2018 or 2019 return to issue a stimulus check.  If they do not have a 2018 return then you may be waiting for them to finish processing 2019 before they will be able to use it to issue your stimulus check.

TurboTax has no control over your stimulus check, nor can TT track it for you or tell you when the IRS will issue it. Refer to the sites linked below:

You can call the IRS hotline at 1-800-919-9835 to get updates on your stimulus payment.  

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center#nonfilertool

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment-frequently-asked-questions

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/how-will-the-stimulus-package-impact-me/00/1393859

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Unknown time frame for stimulus checks at this time ... keep checking online every few days until you get a progress report.  

If you’re getting “Payment Status Not Available”: Updates to your payment status are made no more than once per day, usually overnight.  For additional information, see Payment Status Not Available below.

If you’re receiving a “Payment Status” message without a payment date:

• If you entered your bank information in Get My Payment any day until noon on Tuesday, your payment date should be available beginning the following Saturday in Get My Payment.
  • If you entered your bank information after noon on Tuesday, your payment date should be available beginning the Saturday after next in Get My Payment.

Some people who entered their bank information more than two weeks ago may not have a received a payment date. We are working to resolve these issues. Keep checking Get My Payment for updates.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment-frequently-asked-questions

Yes. It means you did everything right..So wait about a week and follow up with the "wheres my payment" portal on the IRS website..just google wheres my payment irs website ..and the direct link should take you right to it..its late..so if you cant locate it...message back..and I will locate the link for yah!! But yah..my concern was that maybe someone else claimed me..and if the irs accepted it..had that meant that I cleared that "obstical" ..the answer was yes...if I had already been claimed .. the irs would have rejected it...and not accepted it...all the basic guidelines...income....dependents...overall basic set forth requirements to receive the payment...are ran threw with your non filers submission...if they accepted it..you should be..on your way  to getting your relief payment. Only thing ide say would maybe be an issue and not picked up on by the IRS non filers acceptance or rejection..would be if you were incarcerated....I read something about people who were incarcerated will not be eligible....and they might not catch that with your initial acceptance..( I only maybe suspect that because you've waited a while) but besides the incarceration assumption...if that's not why you waited so long...yes...I'm 99.9 percent sure..you'll be getting your relief money!!

I just did mine today and I got the email that my non filers info was accepted. When I go back on there to check e-file status, it only tells me that it was accepted and that they were processing if I’m eligible for the payment or not. Is there a certain time limit that I should wait to check after getting accepted? And will I get my payment or do I have my hopes up for nothing? I meet all the requirements for me to be eligible. I have real bad anxiety so I’m really anxious about this. I’m in a hole right now and need this money to come.

@Tsmitty 

Patience ... this will take some time ... it is not an instant process.   Now that the return was successfully submitted for processing the IRS must now process it ... this year expect it to take as long as 3 months. 

Check the stimulus status at this site not the WMR tool : https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies