turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

AmyO0

I was notified that form 8960 is now available but i cannot seem to access it. anyone know how/where to find it?

regarding the distribution of investment as they fall under 2020 covid guidelines for tax treatment
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

19 Replies
KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

I was notified that form 8960 is now available but i cannot seem to access it. anyone know how/where to find it?

This means that the forms needed to complete your tax return may be available. You will not be able to complete your tax return until these forms do become available if that's the case. Please see the following link for more information on if the form is available:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/when-will-my-forms-be-ready/00/25618

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have TurboTax Business 2020. Final review states Form 1041 Estates and Trust: Form 8960 is not ready but will be soon. I clicked the link to be notified via email. Soon afterwards, I get an email from TurboTax stating the form is available and to update my TurboTax. I have done the update - more than once. No luck. Still hangs up saying the form is not ready. And this link says the form is available as well. Apparently people had this problem last year and were told to install a manual update. I can not find a manual update for 2020 business anywhere on the website. Help.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the below TurboTax FAQs for instructions on how to manually update your TurboTax software:

@Mike0827

Thanks but I did already find that page - it appears to be a link to updateTurboTax 2020 Individual.  I do not see a link to manually update TurboTax Business 2020. Am I just not finding it?

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

Please see the FAQ link provided below to do the update manually. Please let us know if this works:

Manually Update TurboTax for Windows Software (Basic, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business)

Again I'm pretty sure that link includes "2020 Home & Business" not TurboTax "2020 Business". I downloaded it anyway and it may have updated my copy of 2020 Home and Business which I also own and do not have any issues with. It did not update TurboTax Business 2020.

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

Please see the FAQ link posted below for the manual update for TurboTax Business 2020:

Manually Update TurboTax Business Software

I clicked your link but as of 2/7/2021 there is not a link to update 2020 Business on that page. There are links to update 2019 Business as well as 2016-2018.... 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support as your issue would be best resolved with one-on-one support. Please visit the Contact Us page and select your product to get you to the right person.

@Mike0827

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same problem here, what's going on!?!

I gave up and did not contact Customer Support as suggested in one of the replies. I kept being sent to links that do not apply to 2020 Business. I decided to wait to file for now and let someone else fight this battle.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for sharing this information. It is our desire to find a resolution for you and others that might be having a similar experience in the program. To assist us in this process, please try to clear cache and cookies or run updates that may be needed.  Please describe in more detail what the error message is (if any) when trying to access the form  We will work with you towards a resolution to file your return accurately.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Online the TurboTax site says:

Form 8960, Net Investment Income Tax - Individual, Estates, and Trusts: available

On the TurboTax Business 2020 software it says that Form 8960 is still not available and so when cannot finish our tax returns for our trusts. Also, there is no manual update available for TurboTax Business 2020. Is there another update coming that will add Form 8960, if so when will it be available?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright Mike, I called the help desk and they pretty much told me we need to give the coders time to get the software updated. So TBD on when that update will be out.

I guess the early bird doesn't always get the worm?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies