Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I recieved my state refund but not federal still says processing..... is there something wrong? If federal is wrong I wouldn’t have gotten state true?

I got the same situation I filed mine last April 15 got accepted by irs April 16 then got my state refund a week but never accepted my federal refund. I also filed electronic filling and set it to direct deposit but I never got it to my account I received check 

I recieved my state refund but not federal still says processing..... is there something wrong? If federal is wrong I wouldn’t have gotten state true?

I filed my tax refund April 15 still not get mine I got the state but not the federal 

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Refund status is when you can expect your refund. If that’s what you’re interested in, go to Where's My Refund?

Refund Timing   @Jendaexplorer

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi there, I mailed my tax refund around first week of May. I got my state return in a month whereas I still have not received my federal. I tried using IRS's Check my Status app with all of my correct info but the app does not provide any information regarding my federal refund. It just says that "they are unable to provide information". 

I have called them multiple times only to hear an automated voice message telling me to use Check my Status app. If anybody could help me get the number of IRS where I can talk to a real person, then that would be great! 

I am already freaking out about whether or not I am gonna get my refund back. 

Right, you have to keep waiting.  The IRS stopped opening the mail due to Covid-19.  

They just started opening the mail in June that's been stacking up. Back in March the IRS closed their processing centers and stopped processing mailed tax returns.  An IRS spokesperson recently said that they have about 11 million pieces of unopened mail.  So you have to keep waiting.

See this IRS page for the latest information

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

Kizzi38
Returning Member

I got my state refund back but I still didn't get my federal refund

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax does not receive updates from the IRS once they have accepted your return. With the IRS filing delay and backlog this tax season due to COVID closing the offices and leaving the IRS with very few employees working for the past year, the IRS has not stated how long it will take to deposit tax refunds. Your tax refund may be deposited in your bank account before the IRS has a chance to update your information on the Where's My Refund website

Please click IRS Operations During COVID-19: Mission-critical functions continue to learn more.  

If you e-filed, make sure the return was e-filed successfully and accepted:

• Re-check your e-file status 

Make sure to enter the federal refund amount without the state refund, less any TurboTax fees if you chose to pay any fees out of the refund.

• If you are married filing jointly try using the Social Security Number for the name that appears first on the return. 

If you have already tried the above on the IRS WMR website, you can check the status of your refund by calling the IRS Refund Hotline at 800-829-1954. 

Please check Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)? to learn more. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Federal tax return accepted feb 12 2021, still waiting for direct deposit. Also no second or third stimulus check yet. recieved first stimulus check. i qualify as student working full time.

Were you claimed as a dependent in 2019 or 2020?  Sounds like you might be a dependent if you are under 24 and a full time student.

My parents do not claim me as dependent. 

• I filed Feb 12th, 2021 received my state around Feb 28th still nothing on my Federal. Called IRS and after using the steps to talk to a live person, was informed my tax return is not in the errors department. IRS guy said he doesn't see any actual reason for it to be in the errors department but that it could take up to 10 weeks to get sorted out. Never used an online filing service until this year, and never had a problem until this year. Great...

Federal was accepted 2/12 estimated deposit was 3/5 and still nothing. I did read taxes are backed up and they’re still working on some from last year. Also, it could take up to 10 weeks... 

rjb8c

How did anyone get to speak to a live person in the irs? I filed 2/18/2021 and am still waiting on the federal return refund. It was filed electronically. Seems to be a common problem here? I tried the irs number listed above but no live person. [phone number removed]

I've tried many many many times, cant get through either, filed feb 12

Mine said the same thing! I filed 2/5 and accepted 2/12 over the weekend Website updated from processing 152 to approved and a date. They were really backed up ... but irs website finally updated. Hopefully your refund is coming soon! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies