Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I just want stimulus what will happen if you sent 2 forms? I sent 1st 1040 then simple tax form i didn’t think 1040 was sent what will happen?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

15 Replies
DanaB27
Expert Alumni

I just want stimulus what will happen if you sent 2 forms? I sent 1st 1040 then simple tax form i didn’t think 1040 was sent what will happen?

If you have filed a 2018 or 2019 return and meet the requirements then you should get a Stimulus payment.

The IRS is planning to open a "Get My Payment" application in mid-April to allow taxpayers to check on their stimulus payment and to update their direct deposit information if needed.

Please see the following link for details: Economic Impact Payments

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I did a 2019 federal tax form well a friend did it but I didn’t realize she actually sent it then I did on my own a simple stimulus form well I don’t know it says stimulus was accepted what happened to the 1040 form that went through? How will they know I want a stimulus now that both forms went through ? Also I tried the form on irs.gov 

for non tax filers. It said the social security number was already used and already filed. And wouldn’t accept form why? I hope this isn’t messed up I get ssi

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

You did not need to do anything if you only have SSI.  If you registered and it was accepted, you will not be able to fill it out again.  It will say your ssn has already been used.

Turbo tax when I log in to turbo tax it says my stimulus form was accepted but when I down load it shows the 1040 that accidentally got sent. Not the turbo tax stimulus form I made out. What will the irs look at? Worried I’ve messed this up and won’t get stimulus.will they let me know so I can fix this whole mess that I created.

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

The registration does send a simple for 1040.  This is correct.

What happens to the 1040 that accidentally got sent will they only look at the simplified that went through too? Boy I sure don’t know what I’m doing .

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

I would not have thought that a second tax return could be submitted to and accepted by the IRS.  Hopefully, the IRS will sort out the issue.  Try to discern what information the IRS has in its records by using the new Get My Payment application.

To update or to receive information about your stimulus payment, the IRS will soon be establishing a Get My Payment application to allow you to:

• Check your payment status,
  • Confirm your payment type such as direct deposit or check,
  • Enter your bank account information for direct deposit if the IRS does not have your direct deposit information and has not sent your payment yet.

So why is 1040 coming up when I try to download stimulus payment form?

I made out 1040 and a simple tax return both was accepted by irs I’m on ssi and I guess didn’t need to file1040  so how will they know I m eligible for stimulus check   It said stimulus was accepted so what happened to the 1040 I’m so confused 

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

I'm not sure which return will go through, but one will be rejected.  If you have an account that you get your SSI check in.  That will be the default account.

Why is there a 1040 form showing with all my info when I tried to download my simple stimulus form info that I filled out. It on the your accepted page.

ReginaM
Expert Alumni

The 1040 form is used to register for your Stimulus Payment.  If it was accepted by the IRS, that means that they have your information for them to direct deposit your Stimulus payment into your bank account.

Turbo tax did my non tax filers stimulus and couldn't figure out why I didn't get my money direct deposited.come to find out they put do not direct deposit on my form.how can I get it corrected?

I also did the turbo tax stimulus thing. But then got worried so I tried to do it again on the irs site and it wouldn't let me. Now when I try to go to get payment it says something like they can't determine reliability. What is going on?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies