turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have tried to get my pre paid debit 5 times.....

And everytime, they have me go through all these hoops, and all I want is my card, I feel like this is a fraudulent case, I've done all that they asked, even emailed them, called to get the status, only to call saying that they need a utility bill, and when I asked to send it to the supervisor, she said she couldn't and that I'd have to go through the waiting process. I'm about to be homeless due to this, I have a 12 year old son, and I just want my card, or cancel it and put it on my bank card, this is the biggest, and costly mistake, and all they can do for me is give me a script, i'd like my lawyer to help with this, I've done what I'm supposed, when is Green Dot going to hold up on their end and show some good customer service, because right now, I have the worst taste about Turbo Tax and Green Dot

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

And it doesn't say if you never received the card, just lost or stolen, and I can't get further than the computer bot, so why don't someone contact me at this point!!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Katina S
Intuit Alumni

That doesn't help me, it's been way over the 10-14 business days, three times over, at this point I just want my pre paid debit card, or cancel this or I'll call the IRS and make a fraudulent charge against Turbo Tax and Green Dot, and still no word from Green Dot supervisor who was supposed to call me back, and surprise, no call, Turbo Tax and Green Dot shows lack of empathy and communication, because I did all that I was told to do, even repeated myself to the customer service representative, but here I sit almost homeless, had to fill out a CDC forms and chap assistance, and still no resolution about the matter at hand. I'm disgusted with the way things are handled by this company, stop telling me that it's for my protection, especially when I have no pre paid debit card to give you information from, because for three months I can't get a pre paid debit card, and again I did all that your representatives told me to do, listen to the recording!! 

Then the link you gave me, the phone number listed asked for my sixteen digit card number, uuuuhhh, how can I, when I don't have a pre paid debit card? And the answering service hung up on me, instead of giving me options, now what???

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

If you need to report the card lost or stolen follow these steps for your Turbo Visa Debit Card call toll-free at (888) 285-4169:

1. Listen to the recording (you cannot skip it) 
  2. Press 2 to continue using the automated system.
  3. The system will ask you to enter your 16 digit card number or if you don't know it, enter your social security number (do not enter either one of these).
  4. The system will then say " To report a card lost, stolen, or never received, Press 1", then press 1.
  5. Follow the prompts to report the lost/stolen card and request a replacement.

@Orblzin

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This is a two month ago suggestion, but how can I report something lost or stolen when it's never been received, and I have called and talked to four representatives that tell me to send my lease and id, not being told to add my utility bill, which I sent that to address change @greendot, and still no response back nor a phone call, if anything this is fraud done by turbo tax and green dot,so where do I report that, better business bureau, my lawyer, because no one is giving me solutions, and I am still waiting after three months and I am homeless due to this matter.

And it doesn't say if you never received the card, just lost or stolen, and I can't get further than the computer bot, so why don't someone contact me at this point!!

So just for giggles, I went and called and did what you suggested, as it was instructed, only to be asked for the last four digits of the card missing, and this is after hitting the 2 key for not receiving a card yet, and the computer told me to call back when I have the last four digits of my pre paid debit card, that I have never received, so now where should I go, if I don't get any resolution to this matter, I will be reporting fraud on your company.

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

Please click here for the TurboTax Visa Debit Card phone number and don't choose option 2 (to reach a live agent), it will repeat a few times then you will get more options.

Or when you call the number you can follow the steps below :

1. Listen to the recording

2. Press 2 to continue using the automated system.

3. The system will ask you to enter your 16 digit card number or if you don't know it, enter your social security number (do not enter either one of these)

4. The system will then say " To report a card lost, stolen, or never received, Press 1", then press 1

5. Press 2 for the option of " have not yet received your card".

6. Next you will be prompted to enter your social security number, zip code, and birth date. 

Please see the TurboTax FAQ below for more information:

When will I receive my Turbo® Visa® Debit Card?

I have done all that I just did it twice in the last twenty minutes, and after I get through all that, they said that I have three cards and I need the last four digits, when I have responded to this, I have said that numerous times and still get no live agent, I get told by the computer to call back when I have the last four digits of my pre paid debit card, two of them that I never received, and the third I haven't used in over three years, so can you tell me the last four digits so I can get a live person on the phone, or email from a live person?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies