turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have not received my 2019 California Refund. The IRS replied that they sent it. How can I check if TurboTax received it and did not send it back to me? thank you

the IRS specified that they sent it to an account CIVISTA Bank Account. I do not know this bank.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I have not received my 2019 California Refund. The IRS replied that they sent it. How can I check if TurboTax received it and did not send it back to me? thank you

The IRS  is the federal tax system  so  I suspect  you meant the CA FTB. 

Save a PDF of the return if you have not done so and LOOK at the Refund Processing Service paper work ... if you had the TT fees withheld from the federal refund then one of the processing banks is CIVISTA.

Civista Banking is one of 2 banks used for the refund processing service if you chose to pay the Turbo Tax fees out of your Federal refund.

A temporary account is opened in one of those 2 banks in your name to receive your deposit before it later goes on to your bank.

If you chose the option to pay the Turbo Tax fees out of your Federal refund, that is handled by an intermediary company called SBTPG (Santa Barbara Tax Products Group). SBTPG receives your funds from the IRS at one of their two banks, subtracts the fees, then sends the rest on to your bank.  SBTPG uses one of 2 banks - Civista Banking of Sandusky, OH, or Green Dot Bank.

In addition, if the direct deposit from SBTPG's bank to your bank fails for any reason, it bounces back to SBTPG's bank, who will issue you a check by mail.

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

please clarify which refund you didn't receive. the IRS does not make refunds for California or vice versa.

If you are asking about your CALIFORNIA state refund you have to ask CALIFORNIA if they got your CA 540 state tax return.  Not the IRS.  The IRS is for Federal.  Did you get your federal refund?

Did you efile the state?  Maybe you didn't finish filing it.  Was your state return Accepted?  When you efile you get back 2 emails.  The first email only confirms the transmission.  The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  What does it say for state?

Contact California 

https://www.ftb.ca.gov/help/index.html 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies