turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I have been trying to access my tax account on IRS.gov for 3 months now. It keeps telling me my account has been disabled. Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?

I've been trying to create an account with the IRS in order to get my information and it keeps logging me out

I have been trying to access my tax account on IRS.gov for 3 months now. It keeps telling me my account has been disabled. Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?

Registration does not work with Firefox. Or Chrome, according to others on this forum. With Firefox, it doesn't recognize my name, as printed on my tax return. Microsoft Edge works for this and many other websites that Firefox has problems with.

I have been unable to access my tax account

last year there were a lot of changes made, i moved and opened new bank acct. i received my stimulus check in spring, direct deposited, and left that bank acct open but have seen nothing

when i check the get my money tool, it states  there is no record of me. ****** ******

Try and see what your transcript says about the status of your stimulus payment and related details. You can request your transcript here:

IRS Get Transcript

If you have not yet received your stimulus payment by the time that you file your 2020 tax return, then you will likely qualify for the Rebate Recover Credit(RRC). TurboTax will ask you about your stimulus after you complete the Other Tax Situations section and apply for the RRC for you.

WendyN2 is not correct.  I cannot get a transcript.   My account is locked. 

I, same as the original poster stated, locked my account 5 yrs ago to prevent unauthorized access.  Unfortunately, it seems that it locks all access forever.  I don't recall being told when I locked it that it was going to be permanent.

I tried to create a new account and it said I could not do that because my current account was locked.  This was determined by my SSN & name/birthdate.  I could get no further than that.  It's locked and based on all the prior messages here it seems that it will remain that way until someone at IRS fixes the registration process.

The good thing is that it's locked and I don't have to worry about it being unlocked by scammers.

Yep, the IRS site is really, really hosed.
.They're trying to send a text message to my land line  i.e. if you pay taxes you must have a smartphone. 
.Ok, so I put in my iPhone number.  They can't find it.
.Next option: try again after 24 hours (and repeat, endlessly)
I sent my 2019 estimated tax check by accident on the 2018 ES form.  I got a letter from them in July, dated June 14, stating that I owed the amount of the ES I paid for 2019.  I sent them an explanation about using the wrong form, but they said it had been applied to 2018.  This was in October!  I wrote back explaining their error, and I'm still waiting for a response (it's now the end of January).

Ha - a response arrived in today's mail.  They need to refer it to someone with a brain, and I should expect a reply after another 60 days!

indalea53

i have tried to open an account on the irs website for 3 years, just will not let me.  this time it states on the instructions that you can use your telephone to identify yourself, there is nothing that askes for your phone number, how/where do you enter the phone number. 3 years, 

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

To register for an IRS service account, you will be asked for the following information when you create your account:

• Email address
  • Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN)
  • Tax filing status and mailing address
  • One financial account number linked to your name:
    • Credit card – last 8 digits (no American Express, debit or corporate cards) or
    • Student loan – (Enter the student loan account number provided on your statement. The account number may contain both numbers and letters. Do not include any symbols.) Additionally, we can't verify student loans issued by Nelnet. or
    • Mortgage or home equity loan or
    • Home equity line of credit (HELOC) or
    • Auto loan
  • Mobile phone linked to your name (for faster registration) or ability to receive an activation code by mail

Please see Help with Common Issues

@indalea53

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Where are my Refund at

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Sorry that you are having an issue with the IRS.  TurboTax does not issue refunds or Stimulus checks.  TurboTax is a tax preparation platform.  If you have submitted your return to the IRS, then TurboTax is out of the picture.  IRS is forbidden to discuss your information with TurboTax because of privacy laws.  There could be several reasons why you have not received your Stimulus or refund.

I am sorry you are going thru changes with the entire process. Honestly, this is an unusual year.   IRS is doing a wonderful job issuing Stimulus payments and also Tax Refunds.  TurboTax is trying to make sure our clients get the payments timely. Our hands are somewhat tied because we are not privy to your accounts once you file your return and we do not receive updates on your account. IRS issues the refunds and the stimulus payments directly to you. Our hope is that our customers receive their payments timely and as expected.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Izolaha

please unlock my account now.

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

You will need to contact the IRS regarding your IRS account. Please see How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)? for more information, including the IRS phone number and hours of operation. You may want to try calling right when they open since they have been very busy throughout the day.

@Izolaha

@Izolaha 

If you are new and requesting an account now, you have to deal with IRS partner ID.me.

The whole thing is ridiculous.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies