Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I have been trying to access my tax account on IRS.gov for 3 months now. It keeps telling me my account has been disabled. Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?

yes, call the irs to unlock your account. Be prepared to wait 8 hours
kelly8

I have been trying to access my tax account on IRS.gov for 3 months now. It keeps telling me my account has been disabled. Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?

markgmidei is correct. Once an account is disabled this way, they have no way to re-enable it. I spent about an hour on the phone with the folks at the number on that screen. We are all screwed until the IRS fixes the broken registration process.
aseri67

Same issue: locked out after entering correct, long-established account numbers. It's been 48 hours, and I still get the "come back after 24 hours" message.

Have tried logging in to online service account multiple times using latest Chrome browser -- never goes past the spinning wheel "Loading..." page. Switched to Internet Explorer which works fine.

If online is not available, IRS has a paper form to request a transcript via US Mail.

from the website: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/important-update-about-your-eservices-account

If you are an existing e-Services user and you cannot successfully authenticate online, you have an option called exception processing by phone. You may call the IRS and a customer service representative will ask a series of questions related to your current and prior year tax return information including income information documents. For exception processing, call the e-Help desk at 1-888-841-4648 (select your language, then prompt 1 and remain on the line until an assistor picks up) 7:30 a.m. Eastern to 7 p.m. Eastern.

ACBH82

Close out of all your tabs on your phone. Go to IRS.gov and set up a new account even if you already have one. Once you put in all of your info and email address, it’ll give you option to verify your identity. Choose “my phone or Mail”. Then put your phone number in that is associated with your IRS account and choose to verify through text message. They will send you an security code via text. Then they give you 3 options after saying there is already an account with this email. Choose the 2nd option which is to “re-register” an account. Then you should be all set.

atabronsr

I have been trying to login on the website but it keeps telling me my information doesn't match their records, but all of my information is correct.

@atabronsr wrote:

I have been trying to login on the website but it keeps telling me my information doesn't match their records, but all of my information is correct.

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.
Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
It should then transfer you to an agent.

ekow

Use firefox!

oolamigo

@DoninGA DoninGA is correct. To everyone else here like me who has been pulling out their hair over this nonsense, DoninGA's advice is the cheat code you're looking for. I spent over 40 minutes on hold before my call cut out without talking to anyone. I tried again following these steps to the tee and was speaking with a representative within 5 minutes.

I can't believe it either. As a heads up, the IRS rep confirmed that they have no control over the creation of accounts or lost access to accounts, but he was able to confirm my balance, and give me the steps to pay it in full when I'm ready. If you're trying to access the information (such as balances, etc.) on the account that you are locked out of, follow the steps Donin laid out, and the representative should be able to provide you with that information. Don't expect to be able to get back into your online account, though.

oolamigo

@When calling the IRS do

I have been having same problem to identify myself! I’m so beyond frustrated as I need my identity pin to file!! Help someone !! Please I’m super annoyed 

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

@mscampbell Have you checked the IRS website for instructions on how to retrieve your IP Pin? https://www.irs.gov/identity-theft-fraud-scams/retrieve-your-ip-pin

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I've been trying to create my account on the IRS website and it keeps logging me out

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies