turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

BBB23

I got an IRS letter (3064C) stating that I had deferred $175 from 2020 (something from CARES act). I didn't intentionally defer. Is this really owed and how do I pay?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I got an IRS letter (3064C) stating that I had deferred $175 from 2020 (something from CARES act). I didn't intentionally defer. Is this really owed and how do I pay?

If you are a W2 employee, it is probable that your employer deferred and that your employer will pay the funds back by withholding from your wages and sending them to the IRS.  You can contact your employer for details.

If you are self-employed, check your return to see if you checked the option to have the payment deferred.  Then pay the deferred funds, if any, by using IRS EFTPS.

You choose to defer part or all of the SS taxes ... the program doesn't make the election automatically ... do you remember these screens ? 

defer .jpgdefer 1.jpgdefer 2.jpgdefer 3.jpgdefer 4.jpg

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies