Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hi all, I need to amend my taxes for 2019. Accidentally clicked exempt from health insurance penalties when in fact I am not exempt. Will this possible mess up my 2020 filing? Once amended, will I rec

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Hi all, I need to amend my taxes for 2019. Accidentally clicked exempt from health insurance penalties when in fact I am not exempt. Will this possible mess up my 2020 filing? Once amended, will I rec

Wait--everyone is just now preparing 2019 returns--so it is not possible that you need to amend a 2019 tax return.  Do you mean the 2018 return that you filed in 2019?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Or if you already submitted a 2019 return just now you have to wait for the IRS to open and fully process your return before you can amend.

How to Amend 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-... 

Just noticed my typo, it’s the 2018 taxes that I need to amend. My previous questions still stand. Thank you for all your help. 

2018! So sorry for the mixup 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies