turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

HELP!!! PLEASE!!! TAX REFUND 2020 4464c letters "being processed" transcript processing date 3/2/20

Did you ever get this settled? I am now in the same boat. My first letter was Feb 25 2020. I have been able to check the refund status up until last week now it say info incorrect. I call the number but automated until they hang up on me.

HELP!!! PLEASE!!! TAX REFUND 2020 4464c letters "being processed" transcript processing date 3/2/20

there is nothing TT can do. it is completely in the hands of the IRS. there are over 5,000,000 unprocessed returns from 2019.    keep calling because only the IRS can explain what's going on. 

They say they’re not taking calls at the moment so don’t call but it’s an option I chose to get through I think it’s the one that says if you’re calling about your stimulus. And for those who didn’t get a stimulus it’s a credit you claim that will add the funds to your refund 

Has anyone gotten there refund already from last year ? Because I still haven't. Am I the only one? 

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

@561flboy Please see the IRS link below for information on the 4464C letter. Also, there are delays due to Covid19.

Understanding Your Letter 4464C | Internal Revenue Service

I found this hope it helps I’m in the same boat as you I got the letter today

combat stolen identity refund fraud

The IRS has indicated the 4464C letters are part of the screening program to combat stolen identity refund fraud and do not mean the taxpayer has been selected for audit. Both the IRS and the Department of Justice DOJ Tax Division have increased their efforts to combat stolen identity refund fraud.Mar 1, 2020
SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@561flboy

If you have not received your refund from 2019, you will have to contact the IRS. It is possible it was garnished. 

How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I've received a letter 4464c and I received it on the 16th of March but my taxes were approved on the forth when I filled ...do I need to send this letter back in or do I just wait 

JohnW152
Expert Alumni

@NancyHerrera40

According to the IRS on its Understanding Your Letter 4464C page, you don't have to take any action right now.

They ask that you not call them until 60 days after the date of the letter, and only call if you haven't received your refund or heard from the IRS by then.

Ok...I haven't received taxes  or herd anything from the irs ..but I have tried to call its all automated 

Thank you

Help- Do I have to continue to check daily???

What might be happening if the IRS says that my taxes or being worked on and a date will be sent to me to let me know when they may be ready.

@Bill light 1212 The IRS is severely backlogged and there are a lot of delays for federal refunds.   You do not say how long ago you filed your return---but if it says it is being processed they have your return and they are working on it.

TurboTax gives you an estimated date for receiving your refund based on a 21 day average from your date of acceptance, but it can take longer.  “21 days”  is not a promise from TurboTax or the IRS.   Many refunds are taking longer during the pandemic.  The IRS is backlogged —-they are still trying to process millions of 2019 returns; they received millions of e-filed on the day they opened for 2020 returns, and now they are burdened with sending out another round of stimulus checks.   

Some delays are resulting from incorrect amounts that folks entered for stimulus checks they received.   Many people have been confused by the recovery rebate credit and completed it incorrectly.  The IRS may delay your refund while they cross-check to see what you received.  Some refunds are delayed because of the tax law changes that went into effect recently.   If your return has unemployment or the premium tax credit on it, that may be delaying it.

First, check your e-file status to see if your return was accepted: 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

Once your federal return has been accepted by the IRS, only the IRS has any control.  TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS. Your ONLY source of information about your refund now is the IRS.

You need your filing status, your Social Security number and the exact amount  (line 34of your 2020 Form 1040) of your federal refund to track your Federal refund:   

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

To track your state refund:    

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901548-why-do-some-refunds-take-longer-than-others

If you chose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your federal refund, that will take some extra time, while the third party bank handles the refund processing.

https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2840013-does-accepted-mean-my-refund-is-approved

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2724106-my-return-is-accepted-but-still-not-approved-is-there-a-pr...

From this IRS website - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

As of May 15, 2021, we had 300,000 individual tax returns received prior to 2021 in the processing pipeline. Including current year returns, as of May 15, 2021, we had 16.4 million unprocessed individual returns in the pipeline. Unprocessed returns include those requiring correction to the Recovery Rebate Credit amount or validation of 2019 income used to figure the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC). This work does not require us to correspond with taxpayers but does require special handling by an IRS employee so, in these instances, it is taking the IRS more than 21 days to issue any related refund. If, as a result, a correction is made to any RRC, EITC or ACTC claimed on the return, the IRS will send taxpayers an explanation. Taxpayers are encouraged to continue to check Where’s My Refund? for their personalized refund status and can review Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies