Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My federal return was sent to TurboTaxe's Green Dot Bank. Two months later I still don't have my refund they owe me and their techs hung up on me twice. What can I do?

I've used everything. No response from TurboTax or green dot.  They don't recognize my SS number or birthdate.  Used turbo tax for the last 7 years. Never had this happen

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

My federal return was sent to TurboTaxe's Green Dot Bank. Two months later I still don't have my refund they owe me and their techs hung up on me twice. What can I do?

@Carl1514

You have commented on an older thread with a lot of outdated responses. 

Are you stating you haven't received your refund yet?  Did you use the Refund Processing Service/Pay With My Return?  Did you previously have a Green Dot Card or a Turbo Card?

Please provide more details and someone will follow up with the next steps.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It's bull **bleep**!!  Green Dot removed over a $100's fron my IRS refund.  After waiting on a return call from them for 10 hrs I was then informed that the money was sent to credit karma.  Now I'm waiting on a new debit card to arrive.  Never got the first one they claim to have sent.  The refund was supposed to go to my bank account.  My state return did, in a week.  Didn't know about all this untill I finally spoke with an IRS agent after a hour and a half wait!! No more TurboTax for me! Cost over a $100''s to file a simple return!! I will contact the federal trade commission!! 

My refund was sent to Green Dot  Sept 15, 2021, per IRS response to my inquiry why I didn't receive it.  Today is March 22, 2022.  It takes a few weeks to do these IRS queries.  IRS contacted them and they haven't responded.  There doesn't seem to be a live number to contact Green Dot; their phone numbers haven't produced a live person.   I will check suggestion given to someone else about the Santa Barbara facility,  but at this point I believe I will have to find the proper legal channels to address the issue.   I like the TT program but I won't ever have fees taken out again.  Turbo Tax needs to drop them.  They are not acting in good faith and I am led to speculate they are not only inefficient but downright dishonest.  

Lowbacca

Same with me. IRS released my refund on march 9th via Direct Deposit. Green dot bank took my money and applied for a fast cash loan which I never approved of. This is the last time I will ever use turbo tax. I still can't get my money back. When ever I call they always hang up on me.  Seem like it's time for a law suite. 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

In this public forum, we cannot diagnose why your refund has been reduced. For additional information, please see this Help Article https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/why-is-my-direct-deposited-refund-or-check-lower-than... or this TurboTax blog https://blog.turbotax.intuit.com/tax-refunds/why-is-my-tax-refund-not-what-i-expected-49240/

Okay I've got a letter that says they sent it to a Green Dot bank but I have not received the card it's been more than 10 days

This EXACT thing happened to me whenever the IRS sent out the 1st and 2nd stimulus checks in 2021. I’ve yet to get my money. I’ve never signed up for a TurboTax debit card or prepaid card let alone gotten one in the mail. I’ve never even heard of Greendot Bank until I found out my funds were fraudulently sent there! To no avail, Greendot is hardly reachable and helpful. I’m disgusted with  TurboTax and will not be filling through them any longer. 

andref110

My federal return says it was deposited into a green dot bank account, one that I never set up. How do I fix this? 

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Did you pay with your refund?  You will need to reach out to the SBTPG (Santa Barbara Tax Products Group) for further assistance - You can do this at their Help page.  

You can call using the numbers listed, or you can scroll down on the page and click Submit A Request.  

On this public forum, we do not have detailed information about refund processing.

@andref110

I know you don’t have detailed information about refund processing on this public forum— I was sharing my experience. 

Now, my question to you is why is it that Even if I paid TurboTax with my refund, why was  SANTA BARBARA TAX PRODUCTS GROUP indicated to receive my stimulus or recovery rebate credit or refund at all? They received my entire payment and never sent it back; who approved of this? I can only assume that TurboTax is the one who provided the IRS with (SBTPG’s) information so that they could receive my entire payments. That’s fraudulent and nobody at TurboTax seems to care. 

Good morning,

I filed my federal return with turbo tax on March 21 and elected to efile and to have my return of almost $6000 direct deposited into my checking account.  I also elected to have turbo tax’s filing fees taken out of my refund.  This is the same process I have done for the last almost ten years.

I got a response almost immediately that the IRS had accepted my return.  On Friday April 15 I used the IRS “Where’s My Refund” tool and found that my return was sent on 30 March 22.  It was not that day nor is it yet in my bank account.

I spent 4 hours on 15 April, 8 hours on 18 April, and 8 hours on 20 April on hold with the IRS only to be told by both their fraud department and another agent that my refund was directed by Turbo Tax to go to a Green Dot routing number and  account which I do not have.  I was told the IRS does not input this information on the return but that it comes in the efile from Turbo Tax and that Turbo Tax uses Green Dot to take out the filing fees owed. The IRS said they will trace the refund but this will take 6 weeks to 120 days, and that I must take it up with Turbo Tax and call

Green Dot.

I finally found a number to talk with Green Dot late yesterday, 20 April 22, and the agent said the bank account the funds were sent to by the IRS as directed by Turbo Tax does not exist.  I spent 3.5 hours on Monday 18 April on the phone with Turbo Tax agent Constance who was very nice, but together we researched and could not find my money at either Green Dot nor at Santa Barbara.  She told me to call the IRS back.  I did this and reconfirmed the routing and bank account numbers the IRS used were on the return from the turbo Tax efile.

April 20 I spent another 1.5-2 hours on the phone with Jason from Turbo

Tax.  He told me it could have gone to a green dot card, which I did not authorize and which I did not receive, or to a Credit Karma card, again which I did not authorize and did not receive.  He even had me create a Kredit Karma account while on the phone with him but we found not card there for me.  I asked to speak to a supervisor and he said he did not have anyone outside of his chat and that there was no person who could provide

me any further help.

Please help me Get

my refund.  I am an Army veteran, a nurse, and a single mom.

A similar thing happened to

me.

I spent hours on hold and on the phone with the IRS, and given the routing number and account number the IRS sent my

refund to on 30

March 2022.  The IRS said this routing number (a green dot bank routing number) comes through on the efile from Turbo Tax and that they, the IRS, does not change or add anything-just sends it on to the routing and account as they know it is a clearing house that Turbo Tax uses to

get paid their filing fees.  The IRS told me to call Green Dot and Turbo Tax.

I finally got ahold of someone at Green Dot last night who said Green Dot does not have an account with the number the IRS used. They also do not recognize

my SSN or birthdate.  Neither

does Santa Barbara bank. Went on their website to try to track the refund there.

I called turbo tax and spoke to two

different agents-no help

there either.  Surely Intuit has some responsibility to its customers.  The IRS agent told me “we have had many issues

with Green Dot and wish Turbo Tax would

stop using them.”  

Intuit-parent of Turbo Tax-I am a West

Point graduate, an Army veteran, a

nurse serving veterans and during the entirety of the Covid pandemic, and a single mom.  I do not deserve this treatment nor do any of your users.

Please own and rectify this situation.

Santa Barbara bank has a sign in that does not recognize my credentials.  So

even though I paid by refund and the IRS says they sent the refund to the green dot routing number and account, with my SSN as the last part of the account, neither green dot nor Santa Barbara has any record of this account.

where is my money?

Hi Heather,

I used turbo tax to file my federal and state returns with the IRS on 21 March.  They were accepted and the IRS sent my refund, per my call to the IRS yesterday, 20 April, on 30 March 2022 using an account number placed on the e-file to the IRS from Turbo Tax.  I had elected to have my turbo tax fees taken out of my refund and the remainder of my refund sent direct deposit into the my checking account.  Now, 3 weeks after the IRS sent the refund to the green dot routing number/ account, I have not received any refund at all into my checking account.

I called green dot and they said they do not recognize the account number used by the IRS.  Green Dot also does not recognize my SSN nor my birthday.  Santa Barbara bank, when I go on their site, does not recognize my SSN and birthdate. I cannot get ahold of anyone at Santa Barbara.  Could you please advise how I can locate my refund? The IRS says I need to go to Turbo Tax for help.  Thank you.

Maria

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies