turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Checking refund status

After I e-filed my taxes. It's saying on IRS that my information doesn't match when it most certainly matches. What could be the problem?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Checking refund status

The IRS doesn't open until tomorrow Jan 27, 2020 unless you got in an early test batch.  Your return might still be pending on Turbo Tax.

You can check your efile status here     

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/   

When you efile you get back 2 emails.  The first email only confirms the transmission.  The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.

View solution in original post

Checking refund status

@Jnicole2734

Your e-filed return is still in pending on the server because the IRS will not begin to accept/reject/process returns until January 27.  Only a few returns were accepted early in a test batch.  Everyone else has to wait.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-opens-2020-filing-season-for-individual-filers-on-jan-27

So watch your emails and spam folder to make sure you know after Jan. 27 if your return was accepted or rejected.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

45 Replies

Checking refund status

Did you get an email telling you that your return was accepted?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Checking refund status

Just from turbo tax because I just did them last night . So I wanted to be sure the information would work. I never had a problem before . So it's not approved yet but processing. But the information should go through and work

Checking refund status

The IRS doesn't open until tomorrow Jan 27, 2020 unless you got in an early test batch.  Your return might still be pending on Turbo Tax.

You can check your efile status here     

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/   

When you efile you get back 2 emails.  The first email only confirms the transmission.  The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.

Checking refund status

Okay . Thank you! I'm just young and always worrying . Because I don't understand some of things when it comes to taxes . I did think maybe it's because it's too early. 

Checking refund status

I never got a accepted or rejected letter . Could that be because the IRS isn't starting until tomorrow ?

Checking refund status

@Jnicole2734

Your e-filed return is still in pending on the server because the IRS will not begin to accept/reject/process returns until January 27.  Only a few returns were accepted early in a test batch.  Everyone else has to wait.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-opens-2020-filing-season-for-individual-filers-on-jan-27

So watch your emails and spam folder to make sure you know after Jan. 27 if your return was accepted or rejected.

Checking refund status

I know everyone has to wait. I've done taxes for 7 years now. But when my information wasn't matching I wanted to make sure everything was okay

Checking refund status

Hi! May I just ask how long would it take to receive the check in the foreign country like Philippines? 

KarenJ2
Expert Alumni

Checking refund status

The IRS states that if you have not received your refund in a foreign country within 45 days, to call the IRS International Call Center.  Please see the link below:

IRS Tips for Receiving a Refund for Taxpayers Abroad

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Neka125m

Checking refund status

Checking status on my return and advance.  Was accepted so wanting to know how much longer.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Checking refund status

You’ll receive your Refund Advance virtual card info within 1 hour of the IRS accepting your e-filed return, by email. The funds will be loaded on to the card within 48 hours. Any balance of your tax refund remaining will be sent to you after the IRS has accepted and processed your tax return, usually within 21 days. You’ll be able to start spending online with your card information after setting up your Turbo Card account. 

Also, a physical Turbo Card will be mailed to you within 5 to 10 business days. The remainder of your refund (minus the Refund Advance amount and any TurboTax fees) will be loaded onto the card when the IRS or state tax authorities distribute your refund (typically within 21 days from IRS acceptance). 

Please click the TurboTax help link, listed below, to learn more about the Refund Advance process. https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-application-process/00/25557

Dessi

Checking refund status

I am currently having the same issue i filed on January 28th an both were accepted but it wont let me track my refund because its saying my information doesnt match. 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Checking refund status

When checking on the status of your refund at the IRS Where's My Refund (WMR) site, you may get the message: We cannot provide any information about your refund. 

You might receive this message because:

• Your e-filed return was accepted (received) by the IRS less than 24 hours ago. Wait at least 24 hours after acceptance before using WMR.
  • Your return is still pending.
  • You never e-filed. You can quickly find out if you did by checking your status.
  • If you don't see a status, go through the TurboTax File section again. Be sure to go all the way to the end and select Transmit my returns now.
  • You mailed your return less than 4 weeks ago. Paper-filers should wait four weeks before using WMR.

Please click Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)? to learn more.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/why-is-there-no-record-of-my-return-at-where-s-...

achio1977
Returning Member

Checking refund status

I filed the 28

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies