turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

NicholasB
Returning Member

Cannot Download Previous Years Tax Returns

@MichelleLO I have two accounts, one where I purchased the desktop version of the software, the other which I used for filing my taxes. I signed into both, on different computers, so I could have them open simultaneously. Neither account shows any documents. 

NicholasB
Returning Member

@DoninGA I signed in to my active account in an Incognito mode window to eliminate the possibility of cookies or other settings causing problems. TurboTax gives me a "Welcome back..." message followed by 

"We're saving you time and improving accuracy by pulling all of last year's info..."

which confirmed that some part of the system remembers me, and has the information I entered into my tax return. Going to Intuit Account -> Products & billing shows my product as TurboTax Online.

I found when poking around more, that clicking on TurboTax Online 2019 took me to a product card. Expanding that showed "Tax returns and documents". Clicking that logged me back into a turbotaxonline.intuit.com account (not either of my login accounts) which has a documents tab, under which is a View documents from: option. Selecting 2019 and clicking Download tax PDF pops up a series of dialog boxes that still would not let me get a copy of my return until I answered a collection of nosy questions that are none of their business, anyway. 

After 3 frustrating hours, support documentation that does not in any way resemble the actual screens, dealing with the most ridiculously stupid phone support system, your suggestion got me half-way to the answer where I finally got my document. Thanks for your help!

IDamian
Returning Member

I am having the same issue. I need to d/l all my returns   Where do I go? I read the instructions but the first step "Documents" I could not locate.

R. Scott

I found a hard copy of my 2019 Tax return.  Can that help you

I need the data to input the tax return.  I know that it is on my computer some where!

@Gary McWilliams wrote:

I need the data to input the tax return.  I know that it is on my computer some where!

This is a cluttered old thread with multiple users.  We don't know what you are wanting to do since you haven't explained your situation in any detail.   What exactly are you trying to get--a 2019 PDF of your tax return or a *.tax2019 data file?

And equally important, HOW was the 2019 return prepared?   Did you use 2019 desktop software (CD/download) installed on your computer, or did you prepare it in Online TurboTax (web version?)

If it was in desktop software, was the software for Mac or Windows PC?

I have been using turbotax for 20 years for file my returns.  I have a need to download last years return to get correct AGI but you tall me I haven't filed any returns yet with turbotax. And I can't find where or how I can talk to a human about the issue, just keep being sent around in circles.  Getting frustrated..   

It's common to end up with multiple accounts. First LOG OUT of whatever TurboTax account you're logged into right now. Then use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of user ID's for an email address. Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used
https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery/

If you used the Desktop CD/Download program then the only copy is on your computer and not saved or stored online.

You can also request a transcript from the IRS
https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies