I tried to download my tax returns from previous years, and was directed to "register" my account first. I did this, but I still get redirected to "register" my account when I try to download an old return. Please advise
I am having this same issue! I'm so frustrated by the instructions that lead me in circles. All I want to do is download my 2016 returns. I'm in my account, but when I click download it tells me to register. The help article is no help at all. Any advice would be welcomed.
You’ll need to register first if you don’t already have access to your prior year returns under Your tax returns & documents as you sign in to TurboTax.
Before starting, make sure you’re using the same TurboTax account (with the same username) as previous years.
Here are screenshots of what's happening:
1. I'm in my account and can see all the years I did my returns in TurboTax. I click on 2016. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iyI5sP17ZaIKGkmVnGWP7nR1LsduIgxL/view?usp=sharing
2. I click on download a previous year, and select the reason I want to download- and click the download button: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FpfUVMIvtymJECgmuCQY1bKxw5A1S0uR/view?usp=sharing
3. I get a message that I need to register and it takes me to a help page: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19Qt362FvqagOlNlY-TkAQgyFS0_PdVud/view?usp=sharing
The instructions are of no help because I'm already in my account.
4. Then I somehow found myself on a page that tells me I need to pay to access my returns: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18MfzIWq41sOLdpt4TDUWpVBCgHeyEwh3/view?usp=sharing
5. When I click on "follow these instructions" it takes me right back to the same help page on how to access my previous years returns.
So, any help would be super appreciated.
Contact TurboTax support for assistance with the problems you are having in accessing your 2016 online tax return.
Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax