turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

Can't access my turbo prepaid card account online to view my card information

All questions concerning the TurboTax Prepaid Visa card from Greendot should be directed to their customer service at  (888) 285-4169.  

Getting to know the Turbo® Visa® Debit Card

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

WhAt was the fix because I’m having same problem. 

How did you fix the problem having same issue. 

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

Please go to https://secure.turbodebitcard.intuit.com/login and click Forgot Userid. Once you answer the required fields, you will be able to log in.

Well I never received the set up email for my virtual card. How do I proceed? 

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

You should receive an email with instructions on how to create your online account. If you can’t find it, check your junk mail folder. The sender will be turboprepaidcard@email.turboprepaidcard.intuit.com. If you cannot locate it after checking your junk mail folder, or are having trouble creating an account, or logging into your Turbo Prepaid Card online account, call us toll-free at (888) 285-4169.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-temporary-card/00/27511

It won’t let me on the website at all. And I can’t get ahold of anyone through customer service.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are having trouble creating an account, or logging into your Turbo Prepaid Card online account, call us toll-free at (888) 285-4169.

THIS IS A SCAM - REPORT IT TO FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION

Intuit's TurboTax has an expedited loan program when filing your taxes online with them in partnership with First Century Bank (the lender), BorrowWorks (the lender service company), and Green Dot Bank (the card issuer) in which you enter an afreement for an interest free loan advance of a portion of your income tax return from the IRS. The claim is that you pay the fee associated with the loan and then have access to your loan funds "Within 1 Hour of the IRS Accepting the Return". In order to have access to the funds, the customer is issued a temporary card number that can be registered and accessed via an email from TurboTax after the IRS has accepted the return. In reality, the link requires that you input the last 4 of your SSN and DOB, then create a username and password. If and when this works, you are able to access the online account that has a link to "Access temporary card information". The link is dead however, users can no longer login back into the site. It appears that TurboTax and named partners above have successfully collected stated fees for the loan advance, but do not actually have to provide access to the loan itself until the "physical card arrives in the mail in 7-10 business days". This is their clever fall back excuse, as it is not possible to even reset your username or password without the "16-digit card number". Hundreds of customers are complaining of the same exact issue on the Intuit forum site and forum moderators all use the same generic response, which is that they cannot assist and to call Green Dot at (888) 285-4169. This too seems to be a dead end, from my experience and many others on the customer service forum. I spent a full hour on the phone with "Jake" who claimed that although he could access my balance, transactions, etc, he had no access to account specifics such as the temporary card number. 45 mins of that call was spent on hold waiting for the supervisor "Carl" whom also reported the same resolution option of waiting 7-10 days for the physical card to arrive and then the ability to reset user/passwords and gain access to the loan that we have been charged for, under the promise of access to funds within an hour. Some customers have reported that the Green Dot card has yet to arrive at all, even beyond the 10 days. "Carl" stated that they could expedite the card for an additional $15 fee, but said that he could have a corporate manager waive that fee for me during a follow up call that will take place in "2-3 business days". I like many others feel as though we've been misled by a well known company by a very clever scam that can be simply credited to technical problems with the website. However, if anyone has spent any time studying cyber security and topics related to social engineering malware schemes, you can clearly see the design of this scam's cycle and you can clearly see how it is designed perfectly for the companies involved to be able to deny any purposeful wrongdoing or malintent. However many of us are not fooled and the scam here is obvious. BEWARE of this before signing up for TurboTax's refund loan.

THIS IS A SCAM - REPORT IT TO FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION

Intuit's TurboTax has an expedited loan program when filing your taxes online with them in partnership with First Century Bank (the lender), BorrowWorks (the lender service company), and Green Dot Bank (the card issuer) in which you enter an afreement for an interest free loan advance of a portion of your income tax return from the IRS. The claim is that you pay the fee associated with the loan and then have access to your loan funds "Within 1 Hour of the IRS Accepting the Return". In order to have access to the funds, the customer is issued a temporary card number that can be registered and accessed via an email from TurboTax after the IRS has accepted the return. In reality, the link requires that you input the last 4 of your SSN and DOB, then create a username and password. If and when this works, you are able to access the online account that has a link to "Access temporary card information". The link is dead however, users can no longer login back into the site. It appears that TurboTax and named partners above have successfully collected stated fees for the loan advance, but do not actually have to provide access to the loan itself until the "physical card arrives in the mail in 7-10 business days". This is their clever fall back excuse, as it is not possible to even reset your username or password without the "16-digit card number". Hundreds of customers are complaining of the same exact issue on the Intuit forum site and forum moderators all use the same generic response, which is that they cannot assist and to call Green Dot at (888) 285-4169. This too seems to be a dead end, from my experience and many others on the customer service forum. I spent a full hour on the phone with "Jake" who claimed that although he could access my balance, transactions, etc, he had no access to account specifics such as the temporary card number. 45 mins of that call was spent on hold waiting for the supervisor "Carl" whom also reported the same resolution option of waiting 7-10 days for the physical card to arrive and then the ability to reset user/passwords and gain access to the loan that we have been charged for, under the promise of access to funds within an hour. Some customers have reported that the Green Dot card has yet to arrive at all, even beyond the 10 days. "Carl" stated that they could expedite the card for an additional $15 fee, but said that he could have a corporate manager waive that fee for me during a follow up call that will take place in "2-3 business days". I like many others feel as though we've been misled by a well known company by a very clever scam that can be simply credited to technical problems with the website. However, if anyone has spent any time studying cyber security and topics related to social engineering malware schemes, you can clearly see the design of this scam's cycle and you can clearly see how it is designed perfectly for the companies involved to be able to deny any purposeful wrongdoing or malintent. However many of us are not fooled and the scam here is obvious. BEWARE of this before signing up for TurboTax's refund loan.

100% agree. This is infact a SCAM. Reported them as well. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. They are very aware of whats happening yet just keep sending you in circles with the companies all tied in with this. REPEAT!! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE SCAM SCUMS!

Im having the same problems so I called and waited forever(as expected) just to have them tell me to wait forvan email that I would get within 48 hours....but the only email ive gotten is that original one that we are all having trouble with. I mean it's cool whatever I'll just have to wait for the card to come but I kind of feel scammed a little bit because we all paid extra money to get the rapid return refund when we could have just got direct deposit and save the money. And on top of that the card they're going to send us is going to charge us money every time that we withdraw money so they're going to end up getting over $100 just for me using the card and sliding it to pull my money off when I could have just got it direct deposited into my own bank account but I went ahead and took that hit because I needed the money now and he said we can start spending our money online as soon as you got the funds. But obviously that's not true because all I'm seeing in here is everybody saying the same thing that they cannot access their funds and at the link won't let them in. So how are we supposed to get our temporary card information if you need your temporary card information to make an account to get in to look at it in the first place? It's frustrating. Because now I'm losing out on money that I needed and only so that I could have access to my money faster.

Did that ever get resolved for you or did you end up having to wait until your card came in the mail?

I got that email and I checked to see if there was another email in all of my folders and there is no other email but that email that you're talkin about is the one that I'm having a problem with when I click access my funds it says that I need to wait until my card comes in the mail if I try to create an account to get my temporary card number I have to access a 16-digit card number to create an account which obviously I don't have because that's the information I'm trying to get in the account so I can't create an account to get in to get my temporary card information because the other link won't let me in so it's a problem with the link to access my funds in the email you sent me that I'm having a problem with.

I have got my card but I’ve tried to get on there website that turboprepaidcard.com the website won’t load all I need is to activate my card and I can’t do it. I’ve called the number and it don’t work either does anyone know how to activate the card.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies