turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

msvik016
Returning Member

60 day review havent heard anything yet it's been 53 days

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

welcome to the crowd, its been almost 9 weeks since I filed and got accepted, got a letter 3/16 saying they are taking 60 days to review it, looking like may or june before I get mine and i filed 2/1

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

When you are on a 60 day review, if you have not received a response after day 60, please follow the instructions here to contact the IRS. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
msvik016
Returning Member

I've called several different numbers for the IRS and every single one is automated and tells me to contact online

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@msvik016 Yes, unfortunately the IRS is not taking calls at this time but please see the information below: 

If you filed a return

• You don't need to take any action. Please do not call us until 60 days after the letter date and only if you haven't received your refund or heard from us by then.
  • We recommend you review your return for any errors and file a corrected or amended return to correct the information.

Per the IRS:

Why is my return being reviewed?

We select some returns to determine if income, expenses, and credits are being reported accurately. This doesn't mean you made an error or were dishonest.

Understanding Your Letter 4464C

Also, if the IRS needs additional information from you, they will request it in writing. These requests are always by mail - please do not respond to any e-mail requests for information, as these will not be from the IRS.  

Unless you receive a request from the IRS for more information, there isn't anything that you need to do during this time period. 

SusanY1 Employee Tax Expert"

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
msvik016
Returning Member

Theres literally 5days left until my review is up 2 of those are weekend days. I've been seeing ppl posting that they have recieved a 2nd 60 day letter right at the tail end of the 1st 60 days. Also how would I reach them after 60 days if needed??? They STILL wont be taking calls!!

**********************************************************************************************
**NOTE*** Due to the Corona virus the IRS is operating short staffed. All field offices are closed and some processing centers are all but closed. Any tax return that requires hand processing will probably have long delays.
**********************************************************************************************

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
msvik016
Returning Member

Still havent heard anything about my taxes and now ppl are receiving their Stimulus Checks......this makes absolutely no sense!!!!!!

It's been 53 days since I got accepted on my taxes I have not heard anything I have not got a letter I have not got a stimulus check what should I do

Filed 1/27, was accepted by IRS on 1/28. Got a letter in mid March saying they needed an additional 60 days to review the documents they had requested in late February regarding my health insurance. We're pushing 60 days and still no updates. Nothing has changed. And you can't even call anyone at the IRS. It's insane. They better be paying me interest.

Here we are in October and still not return or date . My husband filed in February. Got approved 2 days later . Received a 60 day review a week later . Then after the 60 days was up he called and they sent another 60 day review,  once that was up he called again and they sent another 60 day review. I’m starting to believe they aren’t giving out peoples tax returns anymore, not due to the virus but because the government is BROKE AF ! and want to hold on to people money .  Oh scamming ass !

Only the IRS controls when and if a tax refund is Approved and Sent.

Call the IRS:  1-800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.  

So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info).  Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".   

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  

- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything.  

- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Then press 4 for personal or individual tax questions.

It should then transfer you to an agent.

Or you can contact your local IRS office.  See this IRS website for local IRS offices - http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-Your-Local-IRS-Office-1 or call 1-844-545-5640 to set up an appointment

Or you may want to contact a Taxpayer Advocate in your area.  See this IRS website for Taxpayer Advocate in your area and a toll free number - http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies