Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

3RD STIMULUS CHECK 2021 thread- eligible but no payment date

So I FINALLY received my DD for my tax returns 3/17- I received my last 2 stimulus DD. Now when I check I’m getting that dreaded message “you are eligible a payment date will be given when available.” Is anyone else going through this? Also side note- the message does display my correct bank account but they going to make me wait 7 weeks like my tax refund? Lol 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

42 Replies

Yes... I also received my tax return the 17th and that is the same message I'm getting in get my payment. A lot of others that had their returns dd'ed on the 17th are seeing this message too from what I've read and heard. Hopefully our payments will go out in the next wave. 

So I’m on another discussion board- a person got there’s today but has a credit union account which makes me believe the next wave is Wednesday- I’m gonna check the GMP tool tomorrow and hopefully we will have an update. I already had to wait weeks for my tax return and it’s like they are alternating between tax returns and stimulus 🙄

I know it's so frustrating!.. the more I read the more people I see that had a return date of the 17th and a few got a date (within the last couple hours) for next wednesday so hopefully ours will change soon. 

Yes, you are correct, many of our customers are experiencing delays in receiving their stimulus due to the IRS not answering the phone and their online tools not working as expected.  This is true for all taxpayers including those using private tax professionals and other software companies.   As our customers continue to have questions regarding the Economic Impact Payments (EIP), we’re continuing to work with the IRS for guidance. We’re updating our customer and expert-facing articles with information as soon as we get it.

@Cantrelldena

I really hope so- it’s like the IRS says oh well you got your refund now I’m gonna make you wait for your stimulus 🤣😂 

My status still shows that I'm eligible and payment date will be updated when available, it also shows the correct bank account. Does anyone know how many rounds of direct deposits will be made? I have already filed my 2020 federal tax return and I owe (thanks to unemployment benefits being taxed), will this affect when my stimulus is delivered?

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

The IRS began sending a second round of third stimulus payments this week. The IRS has not said how many rounds total. It says additional payments are "anticipated on a weekly basis going forward."

Keep checking the status of your third stimulus payment at Get My Payment?

The timing of your payment is not tied to whether you use federal tax on your 2020 tax return. The IRS extended the deadline to file and pay tax until May 17 so your tax is not due until then.

Related Resource:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post

**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

tiptonpc

I received the 3rd stimulus, but still have not received my tax return. I filed Feb 5th and accepted Feb 12th. I had no info on the IRS opening on the 12th. I only filed because I knew to do it early as previous years. Anyways, It is nearly 7 weeks later and still no tax return. When I filed, turbo tax asked what I got the 1st two stimulus and I answered honestly, $600 each. Then they say I was qualified for more so they added an extra $600 on top of my return. I think this is what could be causing a delay because they still gave me the $1,400.

Does anyone have any insight?

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

It's possible that your refund is taking longer because the IRS is matching their stimulus payment records with your return.  In any event, since it's been more than 21 days since your return was accepted you can call the IRS about the status of your refund.  

To contact the IRS, please review the steps and information below:

IRS Support Number: (800) 829-1040

To reach a live agent at the IRS support number, follow these steps:

1.      Select your preferred language.

2.      Press 2 for “Personal Income Tax”

3.      Press 1 for “Form, Tax History, or Payment”

4.      Press 3 for “All Other Questions”

5.      Press 2 for “All Other Questions”

6.      Do not enter your SSN or EIN. It will ask you twice; do not enter anything.

7.      Press 2 for “Personal or Individual Tax Questions”

They are available Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).

Here are some additional resources you can try:

1. Contact a local IRS office.  Click this link for contact information:  Contact Your Local IRS Office

2. The Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS), which is an independent organization within the IRS. Click this link  Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS)

@tiptonpc

Yes, this sounds like what caused your delay. A lot of discussion boards are stating that it is delaying their refund. If you have not received a letter I am pretty sure they are just correcting it. Remember to check your tax transcripts. Your refund will update on there.

From what I read you may be getting your stimulus check in mail- I seen a lot of people who owed even though direct deposit was on file their status updated up mail check 

Jeanettecobb3
Returning Member

I have same message. I got my taxes back 26th. And my last stimulus they messed up and I had to get it with my tax refund. It has my correct account #  just still that vague annoying message saying I'm eligible just no payment date will mail more information (which havent received) has anyone figured anything out about what's going on?

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

This year has brought challenges for everyone and the IRS is part of that list. The IRS is required to reconcile the tax returns and stimulus payments as well as working on the third stimulus payments due to the American Rescue Plan.  With the tax season and the changes taking place all at once, a delay should be expected for full payments. They want to be diligent and are required to follow any protocols they have been issued.  They will make any adjustments and additional payments as they complete the process.

Use the following links for helpful information about the third stimulus.

How do I sign the downloaded file and send it back to the turbo tax 

Do I need to go print it out and sign 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies