Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

monqu

3RD STIMULUS CHECK 2021 thread- eligible but no payment date

Why is my refund and stimulus taking so long 😥

Am also having same problem ....

Please they should help us out on this 

I have bills to pay 

when you e-file no physical signature is required only your prior year AGI. as you go through the process of preparing and then filing your return you get to a point where you select to e-file (or mail) if e-file is selected further on there's a page with an icon that says submit which you click on to e-file. 

if you are going to mail in your return then you need to print out a copy of your return (just the pages to be filed) actually sign and date the return and mail it according to Turbotax filing instructions. DO NOT MAIL IT TO TURBOTAX. use a method where you can either track it or get proof of delivery. 

you can not print out a .tax2020 file.  

see this link for printing out your online return.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online... 

Nedasmith
Returning Member

If you're a Social Security recipient, you're likely wondering when your third stimulus check will arrive. Here are the new details revealed by IRS, SSA and more.

March 29, 2021 8:00 a.m. PT

LISTEN
- 11:24

The stimulus check rules can be a little different for people who receive SSI and SSDI. 

Angela Lang/CNET

It's now up to the IRS to start sending out the third stimulus checks of up to $1,400 per person to the nearly 30 million eligible people who receive Social Security benefits. Now that the agency has the payment files it had been waiting on from the Social Security Administration, it can start processing the new stimulus checks on behalf of people who receive federal income benefits and their dependents. We're still waiting for the IRS to announce an official date for sending the stimulus checks to people receiving Supplemental Security Income, Social Security Disability Insurance and veteran benefits -- but it could happen with a third wave of checks.

Nedasmith
Returning Member

If you're a Social Security recipient, you're likely wondering when your third stimulus check will arrive.

It's now up to the IRS to start sending out the third stimulus checks of up to $1,400 per person to the nearly 30 million eligible people who receive Social Security benefits. Now that the agency has the payment files it had been waiting on from the Social Security Administration, it can start processing the new stimulus checks on behalf of people who receive federal income benefits and their dependents. We're still waiting for the IRS to announce an official date for sending the stimulus checks to people receiving Supplemental Security Income, Social Security Disability Insurance and veteran benefits -- but it could happen with a third wave of checks.

My 3rd stimulus chech never arrived can you help me get it 

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

Those eligible will automatically receive an Economic Impact Payment of up to $1,400 for individuals or $2,800 for married couples, plus $1,400 for each dependent. Unlike EIP1 and EIP2, families will get a payment for all their dependents claimed on a tax return, not just their qualifying children under 17. Normally, a taxpayer will qualify for the full amount if they have an adjusted gross income of up to $75,000 for singles and married persons filing a separate return, up to $112,500 for heads of household and up to $150,000 for married couples filing joint returns and surviving spouses. Payment amounts are reduced for filers with incomes above those levels.

Generally, if you are a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident alien, you are eligible for the full amount of the third Economic Impact Payment if you (and your spouse if filing a joint return) are not a dependent of another taxpayer and have a valid Social Security number (see exception when married filing jointly) and your adjusted gross income (AGI) on their tax return does not exceed:

• $150,000 if married and filing a joint return or if filing as a qualifying widow or widower
  • $112,500 if filing as head of household or
  • $75,000 for eligible individuals using any other filing statuses, such as single filers and married people filing separate returns.

Payments will be phased out – or reduced -- above those AGI amounts. This means taxpayers will not receive a third payment if their AGI exceeds:

• $160,000 if married and filing a joint return or if filing as a qualifying widow or widower
  • $120,000 if filing as head of household or
  • $80,000 for eligible individuals using other filing statuses, such as single filers and married people filing separate returns.

Most eligible people will get the third Economic Impact Payment automatically and won't need to take additional action. The IRS will use available information to determine eligibility and issue the third payment to eligible people who:

• Filed a 2020 tax return.
  • Filed a 2019 tax return if the 2020 return has not been submitted or processed yet.
  • Did not file a 2020 or 2019 tax return but registered for the first Economic Impact Payment using the special Non-Filers portal last year.

You can check the status of your third payment by using the Get My Payment tool.

The IRS will be sending out the third stimulus payment for the rest of the year. Just because you have not gotten it yet, does not mean you won't. If for some reason you do not get it, you can get the Recovery Rebate Credit when you file your 2021 tax return. 

@theways137T

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I don’t know what’s going on. I filed early, received my refund on February 23rd... no issues. I received the first two stimulus payments with no issues as well through DD. The third stimulus, however is telling me I am eligible for payment and when they have a date they’ll update my page.. they also have my correct DD information listed. It’s been what, 5 weeks since Biden signed the bill? There’s so many ppl on Reddit stating their says the same thing since day one also. Just wonder if anyone has any insight at all? There seems to be no rhyme or reasoning to IRS’s method this time around. They are issuing  plus up payments to people when others haven’t even received their first payment yet. 

Please update if you hear anything, I'm still waiting and exactly the same circumstances

The IRS is still issuing Stimulus #3 is batches, and will continue to do so for the next few weeks.  Please continue to be patient.

Here it is May. My stimulus still say I’m eligible will update when they have date or send letter. 
still haven’t heard not one word 

Same Here. Eligible with no payment date - Going on 3 months. unbelievable.

This is absurd. There seems to be no pattern determining why some of us still have an eligible but no date status at this point. Sending payments throughout the year is not acceptable. It’s time for Intuit to step up and advocate on our behalf.

Andrea34

Still waiting on 3rd stimulus say I am eligible no payment date but DD number there received 1st and 2nd stimulus no problem and taxes back in Feb or Mar. called IRS they are still sending out stimulus. I got the letter about being able to receive the monthly payment starting in In middle if July. No letter regarding 3rd stimulus. Don’t understand.

Klr2013

We are STILL waiting for 3rd stimulus. Got the 1st and 2nd they 1st day they deposited. Tax refunds in March. Keep checking IRS website all it says is you are eligible and will be notified with a date. This is extremely annoying!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies