Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1040 Economic Impact Payment Not Received

In 2019 the government sent $600 for my 1040 Economic Impact Payment. The money was distributed to a Turbotax account which I don't have login or information. Turbotax refuses to send me a check or distribute the funds to my account. They kept the money and trying to reach a representative is impossible. 

I want to know where is my $600 Economic Impact Payment that Turbotax kept.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

You are confused as to when the EIP payments were sent.  

The first EIP --or stimulus check--- was issued in 2020  It was for $1200 for adults and $500 for a dependent under the age of 17.   The IRS used information from either your 2019 or 2020 tax return to issue those checks so they could send them out in a hurry.

The 2nd EIP or stimulus was issued in late 2020 or early 2021 and was $600 for adults and $600 for dependents under age 17.

If you did not receive the 1st and/or 2nd stimulus check you can get it by filing a 2020 tax return and using the recovery rebate credit in Federal Review.   It will end up on line 30 of a 2020 tax return and will be added to your refund (or reduce your tax due).

The 3rd EIP--or stimulus check-- was sent out in mid-March or later in 2021 and was for $1400 per person--adults and dependents no age limit.

If you did not get the 3rd EIP payment you can get it by filing a 2021 tax return and using the recovery rebate credit in Federal Review.   The credit will go on line 30 of your Form 1040 and will add to your refund (or reduce your tax due).

https://www.irs.gov/payments/view-your-tax-account

If you were issued a payment and have not received it, see How do I request a payment trace to track my first or second Economic Impact Payments?

If you need to trace a payment that the IRS says has been issued to you, mail or fax a completed IRS Form 3911, Taxpayer Statement Regarding Refund

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply. I did receive the 1st EIP. I did not receive the second EPI, I reached out to the IRS but those $600 were deposited to a TurboTax account. Now the IRS says I have to contact my tax preparer, as the money was distributed. Trying to reach a TurboTax agent is impossible as the automatic answering machine keeps taking me in circles. 

I have not been able to reach an agent to discuss the issue. 

TurboTax never receives anyone's refund.   If you used refund processing for the tax return you filed for the year they based your EIP payment on, the $600 likely ended up going to the account you used for that.  Did you use a Turbo prepaid card, or a Credit Karma card?     There was a lot of confusion with those $600 payments----the IRS messed up in some instances---and sent the money to those accounts that were used by the third party bank that handles refund processing.

Your tax refund was not sent to TurboTax.   TurboTax does not handle your refund at all.

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/who-provides-pay-with-my-refund/00/26410

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

As you are discovering , those of us helping here in the Forum will recommend that you never use your Federal refund to pay for the tax software .... always use a credit card.

We here have no way to solve such foul-ups as the $$ go thru a third party bank when you do not pay on your own at the time of filing.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies