Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

No refund

Did my taxes through IntuitTurbotax in 2016 (my 2015 return) and STILL have not received my refund.  IRS stated that it was completed and refund forwarded to Turbotax but NOT dispersed to me.   Explain the 7 year delay!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

No refund

Inquiring about a 2015 federal tax refund Now?

TurboTax does not receive any kind of tax refund, federal or state.

If you requested to have the TurboTax account fees deducted from your federal tax refund, the IRS will send the refund to a third party processor to have the fees and the service charge deducted. The third party processor will deduct the TurboTax fees plus the service charge and then attempt to direct deposit the remaining refund balance into the account that you entered on your tax return.

For the status of your tax refund you will need to contact the third party processor, Santa Barbara Tax Product Group, using their website - https://www.sbtpg.com/

Tax Products Group Contact Information - https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information
On this page you can also scroll down and click on Submit a request

Or https://taxpayer.sbtpg.com/

Call 1-877-908-7228

No refund

Your refund for a 2015 return you filed in 2016 did not come to you?  TurboTax never knows if the IRS has issued your refund.  The IRS does not share any information with TurboTax after you file your tax return.  A better question might be why you have waited this long to ask.  Your refund was not sent to TurboTax.   If--way back in 2016 -- you chose to pay your TurboTax fees from your federal refund, then a third party bank was involved.  When you choose refund processing, the refund goes first to the third party bank.  The bank takes out your fees to pay TurboTax, and sends the rest of the refund to you.

The chances of tracking down a 2015 refund now in 2023 are not good.   Best of luck.

Your tax refund was not sent to TurboTax.   TurboTax does not handle your refund at all.

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/who-provides-pay-with-my-refund/00/26410

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

No refund

You might need to check all your financial accounts including investments.

Did you import any 1099s from investments?  Some brokers change your Direct Deposit info to your brokerage account.

6/6/2021 one user found.......

At this point we were scared our computer had been hacked and called a “geek” to check it out. He advised it had NOT been hacked. After learning about other TT users having similar problems and finally finding the refund in their brokerage account we checked ours and aha, there it was. Somehow the account numbers had been changed when TT accessed our brokerage account for the tax reporting info.

One poster found this.....

The refund was sent to a bank I didn't recognize because Schwab where I have an account uses an intermediary bank, JP Morgan. So the refund was in my Schwab account which has little activity and I had not checked. I had not had a refund in so long, I did not remember the default account I had set up years ago for refunds.

No refund

Yes, Now.  

Turbotax just gave me the runaround for 4 years-stating they were owed fees for services I never authorized.  They are not trustworthy.  Not sure who you work for.  The IRS stated the refund was dispersed to Turbotax and I needed to reach out to them.  If there was a 3rd party I needed to contact I should have been informed of that.  Never was.  To keep someone's money for that long without penalties? Simply wrong.

No refund

The fees they were taking from my refund were totally unethical.  I simply challenged it at the time and the refund was never forwarded to a 3rd party disperser.  I continued to get no cooperation from Turbotax.  I did not wait this long to ask as stated earlier. 

I was NEVER informed of a third party processor, Thanks you for your feedback anyway.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies