My federal return was accepted today, 2/12/2021. S...

My federal return was accepted today, 2/12/2021. Since e-filing, my employer provided a CORRECTED W-2. How can I amend my federal and state 2020 returns?

Employee TurboTax Specialist

When you sign into your TurboTax account, are you able to follow the directions below, or do you not see this option at all:

1. In TurboTax, scroll down to Your tax returns & documents. Select Show and then select Amend (change) return, and then Amend using TurboTax Online. (If you don't see Your tax returns & documents, select Tax Home on the left.)
  2. Select the reason you’re amending and follow the instructions.

Please click How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed to learn more. 

My federal return was accepted today and there is no option to amend 2020 like there is for 2019 and previous years.

Employee TurboTax Specialist

Yes but that button does not appear. It does for 2019 and prior, but not 2020.

Turbo.PNG

Employee TurboTax Specialist

You will not be able to amend your tax return until it has been accepted by the IRS.  Please see the TurboTax FAQ here for more information on amending a 2020 tax return. 

My return has been accepted by the IRS.  That is in the subject line, other messages, and in the screen shot. Yet still not able to amend 2020 return.

Employee TurboTax Specialist

If you are having issues and need assistance, please contact customer support. Please see the Customer Support phone number hereIf you would like to reach out through our website, please see the TurboTax FAQ below for contact information: https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/