turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

csjones10

My federal return was accepted today, 2/12/2021. Since e-filing, my employer provided a CORRECTED W-2. How can I amend my federal and state 2020 returns?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

My federal return was accepted today, 2/12/2021. Since e-filing, my employer provided a CORRECTED W-2. How can I amend my federal and state 2020 returns?

When you sign into your TurboTax account, are you able to follow the directions below, or do you not see this option at all:

1. In TurboTax, scroll down to Your tax returns & documents. Select Show and then select Amend (change) return, and then Amend using TurboTax Online. (If you don't see Your tax returns & documents, select Tax Home on the left.)
  2. Select the reason you’re amending and follow the instructions.

Please click How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed to learn more. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
csjones10

My federal return was accepted today and there is no option to amend 2020 like there is for 2019 and previous years.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

When you sign into your TurboTax account, are you able to follow the directions below, or do you not see this option at all:

1. In TurboTax, scroll down to Your tax returns & documents. Select Show and then select Amend (change) return, and then Amend using TurboTax Online. (If you don't see Your tax returns & documents, select Tax Home on the left.)
  2. Select the reason you’re amending and follow the instructions.
csjones10

Yes but that button does not appear. It does for 2019 and prior, but not 2020.

Turbo.PNG

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

You will not be able to amend your tax return until it has been accepted by the IRS.  Please see the TurboTax FAQ here for more information on amending a 2020 tax return. 

csjones10

My return has been accepted by the IRS.  That is in the subject line, other messages, and in the screen shot. Yet still not able to amend 2020 return.

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are having issues and need assistance, please contact customer support. Please see the Customer Support phone number hereIf you would like to reach out through our website, please see the TurboTax FAQ below for contact information: https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies