Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Is Tax Act 152 the same as the path act message?

This is the very last year, I ever use Turbo Tax again, especially the PATH Act.

I have to say this years taxes have merely been a nightmare, and short lived from having a heart attack.

Really truth be known..The IRS representatives can answer to the best of the knowledge on how the rule book they been given is supposed to be. But u know the suits and skirts in the big wheel seats of the money hungry of the veto when they want and is really the in house rulers of America. government seated power people.well the truth be known..Look at the estimatd interest in the people of this country and I'm sure other countries..(the only time they care about the American citizen In foreign soil.. but u know if a lawyer will hold a settlement CK of clients just least an usually 7 days in Thier business account before you can get ur money first. Well 7 days is a good interest fund for a attorney.. Imagine 1000 people feasting off the billions of dollars for just a few in for say a small town 1300..?? Just a low figure average 1050 residential homes and average 1,500 in refund amount.. each..So 12.5? on the dollar for interest if left for seven business days.kno

this is the message I received...is it PATH or is it message 152?

According to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS cannot issue refunds before mid-February for tax returns that claim the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Additional Child Tax Credit. This applies to the entire refund, even the portion not associated with these credits.

Check Where's My Refund in mid- to late February for your personalized refund status. It's updated once a day and remains the best way to check the status of your refund.

Please read the following information related to your tax situation:
  • Tax Topic 152, Refund Information
Please Note:

For refund information, please continue to check here, or use our free mobile app, IRS2Go. Updates to refund status are made no more than once a day.

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

The message that you received is PATH. Where it's telling you to read the following information related to your tax situation, Tax Topic 152, Refund information, that is just Refund Timing information:

Tax Topic 152

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Did anyone receive an update on your WMR today as of 2/15/2020

Meliwade11
Returning Member

Mine went from one bar to “we apologize your tax return has been delayed longer than the normal timeframe” I tried to check my transcript and there’s no transcript available for 2021. Should I be concerned? Like cause I am. I have an amended return that they still have not processed from last year and they said to give them until March 7th for that. It’s like they just pushed mine to the side. Is anyone else experiencing something like this?

FAB44EA8-56B5-496B-AA79-52A1E41BEBAA.png

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Most refunds are received within 21 days from the time a return has been accepted (received). However, some returns take longer than others. It's possible your return may require additional review and take longer to process.  Please see My return is accepted but still not approved. Is there a problem? Should I be worried? for more information.

@Meliwade11

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies