Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

IRS has no record of my filing

I called and talked to a rep yesterday who told me that they can now see that they have received it, however it is in the "errors department" for a reason she doesn't know. She told me to allow 10 weeks from the date my return was accepted by the IRS. That was all the information I could get. it's been 4 weeks since it has been accepted electronically. Frustrating. 

No news on my e-file from last year. TurboTax says that they received a message from the IRS saying it was 'accepted' and so, there's nothing to do but wait, while they say refunds typically come in 21 or fewer days, it could take longer. It's been over 330 days and it still shows 'no record of a processed tax return'.

I suggested you go to irs.gov:

• Click 'Get your Tax Record'
  • Click 'Get Transcript Online' button
  • Register and/or Login
  • Choose 'Adjusted Gross Income' from the 'Select a reason you need a transcript:' dropdown (no customer file no required)
  • Then check your transcripts
theist

same thing happening to me. my 2020 return was rejected due to incorrect AGI, but he really issue is that the IRS website hasn't loaded my 2019 return on to their site yet (I mailed it in May of 2020)

Ok so I'm not the only one! Did you get a refund? We should have had a refund but it was never direct deposited like previous years.

So maybe it is just a massive back-log. In any case, I'm sending a letter with a well-labeled copy of 2019 as suggested by another user on this thread and separately submitting my 2020 on paper. So much for any refunds and who knows what will happen with the third stimulus (second didn't come and had to file for tax credit instead). So here we are in a pandemic, with less work, no refunds coming and stimulus all jammed as a result. Wonderful.

I'm going through the same thing! Smh I was reading the part when u said that the IRS told u to not file your 2020 return until your 2019 return is processed....Im like " Ooh No" I already filed on March 10th and I  got the first stimulus  but I  didn't received the 2nd or the third. I requested a transcript no record of my 2019. I'm so pissed off. I pray that everything works out for both of us in the end!

CUP2021
Returning Member

I filed a 2020 tax return through Turbo Tax on February 11, 2021. Turbo Tax sent me an email that the IRS had accepted it on February 13, 2021. Today, I went onto the IRS site to look at my account information, and it only shows 2019. The IRS is not accepting calls. They hang up on you. I have been unemployed since January 2020, and I am still being penalized for my 2019 IRS income, rather than my 2020 income, which is half of amount I made in 2019. I was unable to receive the 2020, Stimulus check, and now the 2021 Stimulus check. I need the money to pay down my IRS debt. I am also being charged triple the amount of Medicare insurance premium for 2021, because the IRS is not providing my 2020 income.  I owe money, and do not qualify for a refund. I need the stimulus check to pay down the money I owe to IRS. I also need to claim the $10,200 tax exemption on my employment income for 2020, but there is no information on that. I called Turbo Tax, and their phone bot recording only addresses refund issues, gives the caller the number to call IRS, and hangs up on you. There is no customer service for Turbo Tax. The Chatbots are not personalized with either. I am sending this information to my US Representative and Attorney General in Massachusetts.

save yourself some money and lawyer fees by clicking on the virtual assistant chat and continue to press "not helpful". It will give you an option to enter your phone number so that a live representative will call you. 

elle914
Returning Member

I mailed my 2020's in and now just wait I guess.  I'm really hoping they process it within a reasonable amount of time and we get the 3rd stimulus payment.  I know a lot of people really need it!  

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

It’s a good idea to send anything to the IRS by certified mail with return receipt so you have proof of delivery.

The IRS says it’s taking longer to process mailed documents due to COVID-19 mail processing

delays. Mail in being processed in the order received. Do not file a duplicate tax return.

The IRS says it will have refund information for mailed returns in 4 weeks on Where’s My Refund.

The IRS will use 2019 information if it does not have 2020 information when it comes time to send your third stimulus payment.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Pillz

[phone number removed], extension 623, between the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. You will need a copy of your return

Thanks for the info but unfortunately the number was removed from the post...

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

@dylanglockler Please click here to contact the IRS. 

Thanks but already been through those steps. Attempted to call probably a hundred times, and I don’t mean that figuratively. Have never been able to reach a human and all automated responses have come back with “no information available”.

Every time I call - at any hour, it says 'our office is now closed' - and says you can choose from automated selections - all of which come back with 'no information available' after I have triple checked the information entered matches my data on file with the IRS.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@dylanglockler 

This is normal. It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to update and show the status. The 21 days is just an estimated time frame. The IRS began processing returns on 2/12, you may not find a record of it or the website may say that you have put in incorrect information when tracking your federal refund. As your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated. Since Turbo Tax will not have the status of your refund, continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund tool for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight. Unfortunately, all we can do is wait on the IRS.

Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions

I keep hearing the 21 days number, but it’s been 347 days since e-file submission.  I’m following earlier instructions from another “expert” user and sent a copy of my 2019 on paper, clearly marked as “copy” with an explanation letter and separately, my 2020 on paper, both by certified mail. I figured that’s a pretty diligent effort.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies