turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

After filing, how can I print the worksheets? Only the forms filed are available for printing.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

After filing, how can I print the worksheets? Only the forms filed are available for printing.

If you use Print Center, it will give you an option to print to Include all worksheets. Follow steps below to get to Print Center. 

**If your return is still active and you are inside the return, you can click on Tax Tools on the left, and then Print Center.

**If your return thinks you have already printed and filed, these are directions to Print Center.
  • Under Your tax returns & documents, select Amend (change) return. (You’ll not actually be amending your taxes.)
  • Select Amend using TurboTax Online.
  • In the left hand-menu, select Tax Tools.
  • Select Print Center.
  • Then, Print, save or preview this year’s return.
  • Now check the 2017 federal returns box and choose which forms to print out or all worksheets.
  • Select View or print forms, then go ahead and print.

NOTE: If you correct something after a reject or amend the return, it works better to print from Print Center. This also allows you to print ALL the forms and worksheets.

View solution in original post

15 Replies

If you use Print Center, it will give you an option to print to Include all worksheets. Follow steps below to get to Print Center. 

**If your return is still active and you are inside the return, you can click on Tax Tools on the left, and then Print Center.

**If your return thinks you have already printed and filed, these are directions to Print Center.
  • Under Your tax returns & documents, select Amend (change) return. (You’ll not actually be amending your taxes.)
  • Select Amend using TurboTax Online.
  • In the left hand-menu, select Tax Tools.
  • Select Print Center.
  • Then, Print, save or preview this year’s return.
  • Now check the 2017 federal returns box and choose which forms to print out or all worksheets.
  • Select View or print forms, then go ahead and print.

NOTE: If you correct something after a reject or amend the return, it works better to print from Print Center. This also allows you to print ALL the forms and worksheets.

If you are using the Add a State method of accessing edits to your turbotax after selecting paper filing (which locks you out), don't do this, otherwise the add a state method no longer works, and you only have the 'Amend' option after add a state then.  

Many thanks. It looks like a straightforward process.

Answer appreciated!

After clicking on "Print, save or preview this year's return", I had to keep clicking on the "Continue" button to step through prompts asking me to enter personal identification (driver's license) information before I finally got to the point where I could select which forms to print.

All this seems like a complicated way just to save all forms and worksheets.  Why not just make it an option under "Your tax return & documents"?

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

How do I get a copy of a return I filed this year in TurboTax Online? https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-get-a-copy-of-a-return-i-filed-thi...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

How do I get the worksheets?  I need to find the payment date and the worksheets do not print with the options given here.  Please advise as it has been 7+ days since my return has been accepted but not paid.  I need to see the worksheets to verify the payment date.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@guitarmanseven

Please see my answer above. 

Sorry, this is not what I am looking for.

I am looking for a complete tax return that includes all the worksheets not just a copy of the return.  I need to see the payment date which should be included in the worksheet - part IV. 

OK - so you need to "amend" the tax return and go to print center.  I +1 that answer.  Would be much easier to just give the option on the main screens.

This option needs to be easier to get to and find.

DaveF1006
Employee Tax Expert

It depends. You can certainly print your worksheets as well as your return. Here is the best way.

1. Assuming you are using TT Online
  2. Log into your program, when you reach the landing page, scroll down to my tax return and documents. Select 2020>add a state
  3. Once you are in your return select print on the left hand side of the screen.
  4. You should see a screen that looks like the screenshot below. Select you want to print the return and all the worksheets.

kodyret

I agree! Most important calculation in entire process and you can not aaccess it directly.

Note if you didn't print your worksheets prior to filing you can't get to the Print Center for your return if it is pending.   It is stupid to have to 'file an amended return' to get to the documents.  Not sure why it  has always been so confusing to print \ save your tax returns including worksheets.  Turbo Tax should really clean this up a bit - but it has always been this way and alway frustrates me so I guess THEY don't seem to think it is an issue.

Actually - the solution posted by Dave above worked.... Add a State - this will then open the complete menu on the left.   Stupid design flaw....

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies