Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cynia245

I was supposed to received my refund today and I didn't

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Heather14

When the status of your refund is Refund Sent, it means the IRS has sent your refund to your financial institution for direct deposit.

This status will tell you when your refund was sent to your bank. It may take your financial institution 1 – 5 days to deposit the funds into your account. Please wait until it’s been five days from the date we sent the refund to your bank to check with your bank about the status of your refund. This time frame is provided to allow for the variations in how and when banks deposit funds.

If you haven't received your refund in your account after the 5 day waiting period, you can call the IRS. IRS representatives will be able to research the status of your refund if your return was accepted (received) more than 21 calendar days ago. The number to call them at is 1-800-829-1040, but prepare yourself for a potentially long wait times.

Please see the following IRS link for more information:

https://www.irs.gov/Refunds/Tax-Season-Refund-Frequently-Asked-Questions

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Heather14

When the status of your refund is Refund Sent, it means the IRS has sent your refund to your financial institution for direct deposit.

This status will tell you when your refund was sent to your bank. It may take your financial institution 1 – 5 days to deposit the funds into your account. Please wait until it’s been five days from the date we sent the refund to your bank to check with your bank about the status of your refund. This time frame is provided to allow for the variations in how and when banks deposit funds.

If you haven't received your refund in your account after the 5 day waiting period, you can call the IRS. IRS representatives will be able to research the status of your refund if your return was accepted (received) more than 21 calendar days ago. The number to call them at is 1-800-829-1040, but prepare yourself for a potentially long wait times.

Please see the following IRS link for more information:

https://www.irs.gov/Refunds/Tax-Season-Refund-Frequently-Asked-Questions

I was suppose to get direct deposit and now they said they couldn’t do it why is that 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If you elected to have your fees deducted from your refund, the IRS will send your return to Santa Barbara Bank, where they will deduct the fees and then deposit any remaining refund into your account. 

You can track your refund at the Santa Barbara website by clicking here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I was told my tax refund would be on my NetSpend card today my card number is [PII removed] is this the right card I , I have my account number and my router number but I don't remember if was my net spend or my Global cash card I didn't get my 177.00 today  I efiled March 30 and it's accepted march31

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Once your refund status on the IRS Where’s My Federal Refund? site shows "Refund Sent" it can take 1 to 5 business days for the financial institution to deposit fund into your account.

If you are looking at the date from TurboTax, Turbotax gives an estimated date based on the IRS's 21 day timeframe. So it all depends on the IRS and how fast your tax return moves along in the system. TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS.

Please see the links below for more information:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies