Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nate-gp

I was sent a W-2c correction form because my employer incorrectly reported my SSN. I have the original W-2 with correct wages and everything online through Paycor, just my SSN is incorrect on that. So

How do i file a W-2c correction form online through Turbo Tax?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

I was sent a W-2c correction form because my employer incorrectly reported my SSN. I have the original W-2 with correct wages and everything online through Paycor, just my SSN is incorrect on that. So

If you have not yet filed your return, refer to the following TurboTax FAQ for instructions on inputting your W-2c information:  I got a W-2c from my employer. How do I handle thi ...

If your return was already filed and accepted, you don't need to file an amended return.  Just keep the W-2c for your records.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@nate-gp wrote:
How do i file a W-2c correction form online through Turbo Tax?

There is noting to do because the SSN on the W-2 does not get entered into TurboTax or sent to the IRS by TurboTax at all.  TurboTax only sends the SSN that you enter in the personal information section.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

what if irs is holding my refund and they need to be informed that this was the issue

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Please click the link below to contact the Internal Revenue Service for assistance.

How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS ...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
JIMYRAM

Received a W-2C adding numbers in boxes 12M and 12N.  How do I enter this in Turbo tax not yet filed?

@JIMYRAM wrote:

Received a W-2C adding numbers in boxes 12M and 12N.  How do I enter this in Turbo tax not yet filed?

Edit the W-2 that you already entered and add it.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies