I got a W-2c from my employer. How do I handle thi...

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes

Pick a language

English Français
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got a W-2c from my employer. How do I handle this?

Form W-2c: Corrected Wage and Tax Statement is simply a corrected version of your W-2.

Your W-2c will look a little different than a regular W-2; it has two columns, Previously reported and Correct information. Enter the dollar amounts from the Correct information column. Don't forget to check the Corrected W-2 box when you get to the Do any of these uncommon situations apply? screen.

If you already imported or entered your W-2 and you haven't yet filed, go back and edit your W-2 with the corrected info from your W-2c.

And if you already mailed your return, or it was accepted, you may need to amend.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Dynamic Ads
Privacy Settings