Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I stil haven't gotten my tax refund but filed a month ago. I owe back taxes im paying monthly on does that effect things

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I stil haven't gotten my tax refund but filed a month ago. I owe back taxes im paying monthly on does that effect things

the IRS may have taken your refund to lower the amount owed for those other years. if so it should be reflected in your account balance. if you go to the IRS website and check the status of your account you would see the balance due for those year(s) reduced.  if you owe state taxes, child support or there are other offsets your refund could have been seized. in any case, if your refund was taken you should have gotten a notice.   have you use the TT tool or IRS website to check your refund status?  if not, do so before proceeding.  because of the pandemic, the IRS is behind in issuing refunds. so it may just be a matter of having to wait.   

Even if you are on a payment plan any and all future refunds will be taken to pay down the balance due ... if you read the installment plan agreement it tells you this will happen.  When you actually pay off the debt then any excess refund will be sent to you.  Watch for a notice in the mail explaining the situation. 

Abegreen52
Returning Member

I am asking if I get my taxes back and I know that I owe back rears due I have to send the check back to the i.r.s

Abegreen52
Returning Member

Thanks so even though I been approved that does not mean anything 

Abegreen52
Returning Member

Even though I have been approved and I get my money what should I do 

Abegreen52
Returning Member

How long will it take for me to no if I am getting any money back from the i.r.s

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

When you submitted your return, you should have saw the amount you were receiving from Federal and State. 

You can track your refund by following the instructions here

If you need further assistance, please click here to contact customer support. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies