Solved: I need to delete a state return I accidentally sta...

cfurey16

I need to delete a state return I accidentally started and does not exist. How do I do this in the iOS app??

You can delete your TurboTax Online state return as long as you haven't paid for it yet (or registered in a free version):

1. Sign in to your return, if you're not already signed in.
  2. Click State Taxes near the top of your screen and proceed to the Status of Your State Returns screen.
  3. On that screen, click the Delete link right next to the Edit button, and then answer Yes.

If you don't see the Edit or Delete button on the Status of Your State Returns screen and haven't paid or registered, please do the following:

1. Click State Taxes.
  2. Proceed to the Status of Your Returns screen.
  3. Click Start next to the state you want to delete.
  4. After the transfer of the information completes, click Continue.
  5. Once the next screen has loaded, click State Taxes and proceed to the Status of Your Returns screen.
  6. Click Delete next to the state that you want deleted.
  7. Click Yes.

In some cases, you won't see the option to delete, just Edit and Start Over. This is because you either already paid for your state or registered your free version while that state was attached to your return.

Related Information:

1. Click State Taxes.
  7. Click Yes.

Related Information: