Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

juff
Level 1

I just filed my federal and state return. However, I could not e-file my state return due to some error. How do I apply for a refund of the $25 state efile charge?

Same issue after wasting a lot of time making this state e-file attempt.  Glad I managed to get the federal e-filed after I removed the state e-file option.  Ditto on the refund, how do I get my $25 refund?

I just filed my federal and state return. However, I could not e-file my state return due to some error. How do I apply for a refund of the $25 state efile charge?

My issue was that it was rejected because it said my AGI from 2019 was wrong.  I know it is correct because I looked at multiple places including my IRS account.  Had to mail 45 pages both for Fed and State as a result.

jkwhite57

Me too 

Suekozin

I used Turbo Tax for the first time to file Fed and State taxes. Because of an error on the Turbo Tax side, I mailed both Federal and State returns and not e-file. If I have been charged for E-filing and I mailed the returns, do I get a refund of some sort?

Budducks

I am having a problem with filing both my state and federal return. It would not allow electronic filing due to an error. The error emanates from Form 1099-b. Box #5 and #6 is not on any of the entries. And after reading the IRS Circular, to avoid filling in those two boxes, I will need to know the information in Box 1b, 1e and 2 which are blank on the 1099-b form I was mailed.  I had to pay my federal taxes on line and mail a copy of the return to IRS today. The State only accept electronic filing.  I upgrade to Turbo Tax Premier at a cost of $40+ and this has not made a difference.

I NEED HELP.

Budducks 

I also want my $25 refunded because e-filing didn't work, but I am not able to contact a representative from Turbotax. I went through the process by logging in, going through the help menu, getting a support ID number and phone#.  But when calling I can't get through because my account doesn't include live access.  

Anyone out there able to get through to them? 

-Eric

also, the fed return did not accept last years income number so i had to also mail it.  Please void the $25.00 e file fee for the state return.

@rsharp5940 wrote:

also, the fed return did not accept last years income number so i had to also mail it.  Please void the $25.00 e file fee for the state return.

You will need to contact TurboTax support for any Billing Issue

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Engineer
Returning Member

Called Intuit support and the rep refused to refund the $25. As the CHAMP had recommended I mailed printed copies...the Intuit rep is arguing that why didn't I call Intuit when the returns were bouncing back :(

Your best bet will be calling the credit card company and dispute the charge.

Our taxes were rejected by the IRS because their software detected a possible error (which was not) but when the Federal tax return was rejected, it automatically rejected the state return.  I printed and mailed both returns the following day.  Is it possible to refund the fee for the state return processing fee.

Holly1216

I had mail my state return also, the programs said it was amended but I hadn't amended the return. so i also what a refund since I had to mail my state in. how do I apply for the refund?

johnannal

dont know why i field my  my state was not filed with not the time is over and im going be penalized for not filing on a timely manor. My state taxes are just setting their and i can't get them filed

johnannal

i woud like to know who to contact

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies