turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lopezpl

I already filed but i just received a 1095-A. What do I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
LinaJ2018
Intuit Alumni

You will have to amend your 2015 tax return as this form is related to the credits for the Healthcare Marketplace.  

Per IRS, the form 1095-A is used to report certain information to the IRS about individuals who enroll in a qualified health plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace. Form 1095-A is also furnished to individuals to allow them to take the premium tax credit, to reconcile the credit on their returns with advance payments of the premium tax credit (advance credit payments), and to file an accurate tax return. By law, the Health Insurance Marketplaces must file Form 1095-A to report information on all enrollments in qualified health plans in the individual market through the Marketplace.

Has your return got accepted yet ?  ( suggest to wait for IRS / state response for acceptance or rejection ) 

If your return got rejected for whatever reasons, you can return to the program / account to make the corrections along with other changes.

If your return has been accepted, please see the following :

You will have to amend your return by filing a form 1040X.  According to IRS, the form 1040X for amending 2015 returns will not be available until mid-February.  You should not try to amend your return until it has been fully processed and you have received your refund or your payment has cleared.

Amended returns do not “catch up” to your original return and replace them;  they are processed as two separate returns.  

Amended returns have to be printed and filed by mail.  It can take the IRS up to 12 weeks or longer to process them.   If you are due a larger refund than on your original return, your amended return should only show the difference and you will receive a separate check for it.  If you owe money on your amended return, it will show only the new amount owed, you will have to mail a check with the return. 

Please see attached for instructions how to amend your 2015 tax return after February 11 ( coming soon):

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288565.

Mrslark41

I forgot to enter my 1095-A when I e-filed can I enter it now?

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

If you have already e-filed your return, but have a 1095-A that needs to be added, you would need to wait until your return is either Accepted or Rejected. If it's Rejected, you can use the link provided below to fix the issue and also add the 1095-A:

How do I fix a rejected return

If your return is Accepted, you can use the link provided below to Amend your return:

How do I amend my return

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies