Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

How to change refund banking account

If you haven't filed yet, you can use the FAQ link provided below to change your bank account information on your tax return:

How do I change my transferred direct deposit information?

@Florida2922

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

How to change account information after e-file

@Aducre10  wrote:

How to change account information after e-file

Once the tax return has been filed the bank information cannot be changed.  If the direct deposit information is incorrect the bank will reject the deposit and send the refund back to the IRS.  The IRS will mail a refund check to the address on the tax return.  This process may take three weeks or longer.

i need to change my email address while i was filing my taxes keyed in wrong email address.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

This would be better done by phone, as we are unable to access your account here in this public forum. Please follow the instructions here to contact customer support. @Yellowjack20

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Knottpaul55
Returning Member

Update back 

@Knottpaul55

Did you already e-file?  If you did NOT e-file you can go to the FILE section and change how you want to receive your refund.  If you want direct deposit you need the routing number and your own account number.

You cannot  change banking information while your return is in pending, nor can you change it after the return is accepted.  The IRS does not allow it.

If you e-filed:

Banking information for direct deposit is wrong

If you entered incorrect banking information for your refund, you can change it if your return is rejected.  If it is accepted, however, it is too late to change it.  The bank will reject the refund and send it back to the IRS.  Then the IRS will issue a paper check and mail it to the address you put on your tax return.  Expect a delay of at least a couple of weeks to receive your refund.

Here is what the IRS says about entering incorrect banking information

https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/tools-faqs/faqs-for-individuals/frequently-asked-tax-questions-an...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Peggyja51

I have a reli card [removed] closed my Baraga county federal credit unions account are closed. So deposit on my direct express master card or my US Bank Reli Card  I just got it [removed]  Thank you got mad closed Baraga county federal credit union accounts.  Address on cards [removed] [phone number removed].

@Peggyja51 No one can change your banking information for you, and in fact, if you have already filed, you cannot change it either.

Did you already e-file?  If you did NOT e-file you can go to the FILE section and change how you want to receive your refund.  If you want direct deposit you need the routing number and your own account number.

You cannot  change banking information while your return is in pending, nor can you change it after the return is accepted.  The IRS does not allow it.

If you e-filed:

Banking information for direct deposit is wrong

If you entered incorrect banking information for your refund, you can change it if your return is rejected.  If it is accepted, however, it is too late to change it.  The bank will reject the refund and send it back to the IRS.  Then the IRS will issue a paper check and mail it to the address you put on your tax return.  Expect a delay of at least a couple of weeks to receive your refund.

Here is what the IRS says about entering incorrect banking information

https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/tools-faqs/faqs-for-individuals/frequently-asked-tax-questions-an...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
ESCoale

My Federal Return has the correct routing numb er and Account Number for my bank account. My Delaware return has the Routing Number correct but it is duplicated as the Account number. It will not allow me to correct this. How can I enter or edit the account information on the Delaware Return only?

Jamess2727
Returning Member

Yes 

@Jamess2727 The last time someone else posted to this thread was several months ago----we do not know what you are saying "yes" to.   Do you have a question or do you need help with something?

If I already file and my money went into my net spend account witch I didn't know 

Until I got a letter stating both taxes where deposit into my account.but that acct debit card was stolen.can you  transfer my money to my new vank

@Nicolasjr21 No one in this user forum has access to your account.  We cannot move your money to a different account.  You have to deal with the bank that has your money yourself.   Report the stolen card to them and follow their instructions.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies