Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How does the transfering money from the card to a person work? How do they recieve the money?

I want to send some cash from my card to my mom. How does she get the money once I send it? And how long does it take to get to her?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

20 Replies
CathyB

How does the transfering money from the card to a person work? How do they recieve the money?

To transfer money from a Turbo Prepaid Visa Card to your mother, you can use the Person-to-Person feature. Please visit the Turbo Prepaid Visa website to learn more:  

Turbo Prepaid Visa Card FAQ Table of Contents

Your mom needs an turbo card too.  Read the help. 

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Yes per the Turbo Visa Debit Card FAQ

How can the recipient receive the money I sent?

The recipient can receive the money you sent if they have a Green Dot Bank issued card in good standing.

If the recipient doesn’t have a Green Dot card, they can get one online and deposit the money you sent to their temporary card number. They will receive the money typically within a few hours.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have successfully tested moving funds in both directions using Zelle.  My fathers debit card is with PNC.  One debit card should be with a big box bank.

After I receive my refund I can test moving larger sums. 

I downloaded the Zelle app and entered TurboCard info (card nbr, exp date, personal data).  Sent funds to his phone number and it worked. 

I need to get my funds out ASAP since the war stories about Green Dot losing money and locking accounts is scary.  Plus there is a class action lawsuit going around. 

Choc0068

What was the name of the banking institute you used?? 
I just tried setting up Zelle for this card and was told it couldn’t be done and got an error message to call zelle, who informed me that Green dot bank is not accepted.

can you tell me how you did this successfully, Thank you 

I want to send money from my card to my bank account

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

After reviewing the FAQs for the Turbo Prepaid Card here: https://turbodebitcard.intuit.com/help-faq-s , it appears that you cannot send money from the card to a personal bank account, only to other Green Dot card accounts. You are able to make cash withdrawals of your funds and then deposit them in to your bank account. Please click the FAQ link above for more information.

If friend sends money using zelle can I get it with my NetSpend card

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

You will need to add your card to your Zelle account prior to the sending of the money. 

For more information, please visit https://www.zellepay.com/ .

Can someone please answer a very urgent question for me? I need an answer asap before I make a decision to call the identity theft federal refund theft department. 

I received 2 strange emails to my two different email accts through Turbo debit card and 5he other through Turbo prepaid card saying that they were notifying me I can't send money to a PayPal account the funds I transferred have to be done another way due to policy changes and gives me other in the meantime options but I never tried to transfer money to anyone I don't have a regular bank account and never have had a PayPal account? Here it is 3 months later and still haven't got my federal refund at least according to the IRS portal 8s that email something I need to be concerned enough with to 5ake as genuine and try to get ahold of a identity money theft department to have that investigated?? Or are they nothing to be concerned about?

For help with your pre-paid Visa card:

Call  (888) 285-4169

There is a “Help” link in the top corner of the web site for the card:

https://www.turboprepaidcard.intuit.com/

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I have tried that and its a useless phone number quite honestly and also i no longer trust any of the intuit tax or other affiliated apps downloads hell barely the secured browser websites at the point i need a phone number and actually contact where i can reach a real human being that known thier job and what thier talking about and no bs period! this is getting ridiculous considering ive heard anyone who filed end of feb or begin of march thier files that were sent to the IRS were either wiped out completely like they dont exsist and or all the ones filed on certain days in that time period all thier info was compromised and crossed in together mixing and matching client information incorrectly and incorrect filed info is what the irs received? true or not i need to talk to a real person and not some newbie i want a supervisor manager or the dang ceo at this point. Not your fault i understand and thank you for the advice but ive tried all of that im literally getting no where or i get someone who knows nothing and cant or wont help me. 

Where does a person pick money up

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

@Wbridges103 Can you please clarify your question - are you trying to withdraw funds from a Turbo Visa Debit Card? If so, please see this help article: How do I use my physical Turbo® Visa® Debit Card once it’s activated?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies