mscarterbri

Hi all, I need to amend my taxes for 2019. Accidentally clicked exempt from health insurance penalties when in fact I am not exempt. Will this possible mess up my 2020 filing? Once amended, will I rec

Wait--everyone is just now preparing 2019 returns--so it is not possible that you need to amend a 2019 tax return.  Do you mean the 2018 return that you filed in 2019?

Or if you already submitted a 2019 return just now you have to wait for the IRS to open and fully process your return before you can amend.

How to Amend 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-... 

mscarterbri

Just noticed my typo, it’s the 2018 taxes that I need to amend. My previous questions still stand. Thank you for all your help. 

mscarterbri

2018! So sorry for the mixup