Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I know if my taxes are filed

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies

Go to our e-file status lookup tool to get your current status (pending, accepted, or rejected).

Your status is also prominently displayed when you sign in to TurboTax Online or open your return in the CD/download version on your computer.

To check the status of your federal tax refund, go to Where's My Refund? at IRS.gov.

How do I know if my taxes are filed and how long does it take for the IRS to receive them

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are unsure if you successfully e-filed your tax return you can check in TurboTax to see your current status to ensure they were transmitted properly. You'll find it in Tax Home after sign in.  You will also receive a confirmation email from us. Typically the IRS takes 24-48 hours to either accept or reject your tax return. If you are expecting a refund you can check Where’s My Refund? it has the most up to date information available about your refund. The tool is updated daily (usually overnight) so you will just usually need to check once a day.

For more on the timing of your refund please see this TurboTax FAQ.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

@Chimitzy13 Please see JeanneLO's post above. 

I filed my e file taxes on 4/14 but have not received email verification from IRS. How do I check yo see if they were filed ??

Jan2020

Did you go all the way through the File tab, through the 3 steps and hit the big orange Transmit Returns Now button?

You can check your efile status here     

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/   

When you efile you get back 2 emails.  The first email only confirms the transmission.  The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  What does it say?

I filled a tax return because that's what I thought I was required to do to get my stimulus money but I haven't received it.  I  am on social security disability 

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

If you had no other income other than SSDI, then you weren't required to file a return. However, this will not stop you from receiving the stimulus. It might delay things a bit, though.

The IRS rolled out the "Get My Payment" tool here. According to IRS.gov, you can use the "Get My Payment" application to:

• Check your payment status
  • Confirm your payment type: direct deposit or check
  • Enter your bank account information for direct deposit if the IRS doesn't  have your direct deposit information and if they haven't sent your payment yet.
  • Receive paper check payments: If you moved since you last filed, let us know your new mailing address.

@011895

P2J

Where do I check to make sure my taxes were e-filed?

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

You can verify your taxes were filed by checking your e-file status here - How do I check my e-file status?  This will show you if your if your return was submitted. When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one states  that your return was submitted. The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state or rejected your state return.

"Level 15 xmasbaby0"

Please see the TurboTax FAQ's below for additional information:

How do I know if both my federal and state taxes are filed.

Ebony A
Intuit Alumni

You may check your e-file status by using this tool @lindamargaret.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies