turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

Good luck trying to get an answer w this question! Nobody knows anything! And don’t trust ppl that don’t actually work for turbo tax, how would they know? There just guessing. I love how calling turbo tax too during this time when America needs the most help and it’s constant answer machines! That’s pitiful that you can’t actually talk to someone in support to ask them where the stimulus money will be going. The whole thing is a joke. We clearly pay turbo tax every year to do our taxes and now that we need them there no WHERE to be found. **bleep**ty organization, bad people., PATHETIC customer service. They could care less about there customers. Seriously, there ranked like worst for customer service for any online business/company that Americans use for online services. You call them trying to talk to a human and you get an answering machine over and over. I’ve about given up. I had my federal and state tax refund done and APPROVED ON FEB 4. Haven’t got either one back yet, the only thing I received was a bill from turbo tax for $88.00 which I clearly choose to take out of my taxes! The hell I’ll pay that before I get my taxes back! **bleep**ty company, it’s kind of mind boggling that at a time like this, when Americans need this stimulus check or there refund back that was done over 6 weeks ago and NOBODY is to be found but a answering machine. I just sold some expensive autographs I had since a kid lol! 

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

Ok so it has been passed approved and signed why isnt there a solution for us yet. Other tax programs have answers for there customers but you have us in limbo 

I dont think it is possible to have filed in beginning of Feb and not have received refund yet.  i did in 1 Feb and had mine back within 10 days.  you have a problem and should have pursued a LONG time ago.

Aside from that, I agree.  Turbo Tax knows what it provides the IRS and whether it will just be viewed as a routing and account number like any other, if you kept the card active.  If that fails the IRS already said it will trigger a check.  It isn't rocket science and should be easily answered.  Disappointing a real rep can't just say what we can guess with 95% certainty.  

(As far as other people guessing though, they have their tax return and know what the IRS has said.  Unless something is happening in the background not on documents, then its prettty clear whats going to occur.  Just a shame TT can't get off their backside and verify for us that they don't communicate anything else to the IRS electronically.  THAT IS SO FREAKING SIMPLE.  ANY I.T. tech from them could answer this, but nothing.

If you read all the answers on here, you would see that the IRS has not yet decided how, if at all, they will use the bank information given for those who had their fees paid from their refund and/or deposited on a card.  Since they've not yet decided, any tax software company giving you answers is giving you a guess, something we've not chosen to do.  As for reaching support, we are not staffed for tens of thousands of people who are ignoring the directive to keep checking here for updates:irs.gov/coronavirus

It's really not

possible to add and train support people in 2 or 3 days.

As for your refund, you might get a better answer here if you tell us what you see when you check the status of your refund here: https://www.irs.gov/refunds

If it says processing, then you need to wait until they've finished with processing.  Many, many of their employees have likely been diverted to trying to deal with the sudden and unreaistic demand for processing stimulus checks, although I'm certain they're trying their best to keep up with all their needs.

Of course we know what we send to the IRS.  If you choose to have your refund used to pay your TurboTax fees, then the bank info transmitted to the IRS is the information for the bank that does that processing.  Otherwise, the IRS receives the card routing and account number.

What is not known is whether the Federal Depository banks that do the processing can or will reopen the temporary bank accounts set up for your refund to receive the stimulus checks and thereby transfer those amounts to your credit card.  They are also trying to set up a portal for you to enter your persona bank information and determine exactly who will need to use that portal to avoid mailed checks.  We will not give definite answers until we have them.  You can track that information yourself at https://www.irs.gov/refunds

I need an answer to this also. 

@jawells75 wrote:

I need an answer to this also. 

See this IRS website for information - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

I mean i would expect it to go on the turbotax card its just like a Bank. Has routing number and everything. So yeah it will go to our turbotax card. I mean to be sure. Whenever they allow us to change our direct deposit information use the turbo card info

Yes because you can use direct deposit for checks. It's like a personal bank. So I'm thinking the money will be on the card

Afaison

the card that I used for my taxes I no longer have.. how can I update with a new card?

That's tricky. Your gonna end up getting the money sent to that card and you won't even be able to use it. Unless you have the mobile turbo tax card app. Then you can transfer money. Id call and change information though

Will stimulus payment going on turbo tax card

allenpenny
Returning Member

Will our checks go on our turbo debit cards

DEANNA08

same here getting that card was the worst mistake ever. No fees but being limited to how I withdraw my money is frustrating.  I went to my back to have them so a transfer of funds and it declined it. Had to pay to use the ATM to withdraw which cost fees and having to do that multiple times adds up. I'll be trashing this card soon as the funds are gone. However in the next coming weeks they are suppose to be creating a website for people who would like to update payment info. Keep an eye out for that soon.

Maybe ... details still to come if you used the refund processing option to have the TT fees withheld from the fed refund  ...  https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

SO look at your 2019 form 1040 at the DD info on page 2 ... if that is the same DD info for the Debit card you have then the IRS already has the card info and will send it there automatically.  

If not then it is still to be determined if the deposit will go thru the third party processing bank like the original refund  OR  if you will need to change that DD info in the IRS portal to be built  OR  just get a check. 

How will the IRS know where to send my payment?

The vast majority of people do not need to take any action. The IRS will calculate and automatically send the economic impact payment to those eligible.

For people who have already filed their 2019 tax returns, the IRS will use this information to calculate the payment amount. For those who have not yet filed their return for 2019, the IRS will use information from their 2018 tax filing to calculate the payment. The economic impact payment will be deposited directly into the same banking account reflected on the return filed.

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

Patience will be needed while hard working folks are trying their best to develop and implement  this distribution DURING a tax season AND a pandemic.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies