Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Cannot Print My 2019 Return

I filed my taxes last week and my federal and state were accepted. When I click on Download/Print Return button, it doesn't give me my return. Instead, it gives me instructions on how to mail my DC tax return (since I can't e-file for that state).

How can I get a copy of my return for my records? I've used Turbo Tax before and this wasn't a problem. When I called Turbo Tax, the woman on the phone told me there is no IT department to help me -_-. Thank you in advance!!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

58 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the below TurboTax FAQ for assistance with troubleshooting your printing issues in TurboTax:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/troubleshoot-printing-issues/00/25958

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

You can try the troubleshooting steps in this FAQ to see if it helps with your issue-based off which Turbotax software you are using. If this doesn't work let us know. 

Tn373139
Returning Member

Federal will not accept my email. I cannot print and send.

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

What do you mean by "Federal will not accept my email"? Please respond back so that we can try to help.

I have done my 2019 taxes on Turbo Tax. No problems. I have tried to print a copy,  will not print 2019 taxes and I tried 2018 and it won't print them either. Last year I was able to print 2018 taxes on my printer. My printer prints everything else i try to print, just fine

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

Follow the troubleshooting steps in the following link for assistance with printing your tax returns.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/troubleshoot-printing-issues/00/27086

If you need further assistance, use the following link to contact customer support.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

dis1

Spent 3 hours with a Turbotax techie trying to print copy of tax returns.  this is a problem with the software itself.  not anything on my end.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are using TurboTax Online and your return has been accepted by the IRS, please follow the instructions below:

1. Sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page
  2. Scroll down and click on Add a state. (this just gets you back in)
  3. This will take you back to the 2019 online tax return.
  4. Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen. 
  5. Then click on Print Center
  6. Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

If you are using the CD/download version and the directions in the TurboTax FAQ below are not working, please try the suggestion below.

How do I print a copy of my return filed in the TurboTax CD/Download software?

Please try Forcefully uninstall and reinstall TurboTax. Uninstall everything before reinstall. Delete all folders, not just uninstall software.These folders are usually hidden, to unhide them choose tools (at top of any folder)  - then folder options - then view then check show hidden files, uncheck when done .

If that did not fix the problem, please contact customer service, start by clicking on Contact Us Answering the questions will help to ensure that your call is properly routed.

dis1

use the download version on my mac pro computer.  had OS 10.13.6.  upgraded to catalina OS 10.15.4.  The techie is calling me back tomorrow and can try your option when she has access to my screen.  i initially prepared the return on the OS 13.6, then upgraded to OS 10.15.4 --- a time-consuming effort yesterday, as all other software had to be upgraded.  But all are working and printing, except for turbotax printing.  it can't find the files to print.  I can't save a pdf version.  the file has not be submitted yet, as we file by paper.  Everytime we went to print, Tubotax quit.  (either in preview, or by individual page, or by a draft review copy)

dis1

i got to the techie by calling the Turbotax number.  Think this needs to go to the next level.

dis1

Case #[social security number removed] [ref:_00DEOa8TL._5001KwZnwc:ref]

dis1

case [social security number removed]

dala1960

How can I print my 2019 return

@dala1960 wrote:

How can I print my 2019 return

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

Or -

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2019 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies