turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Kcsangare

Advance

Both my federal and state were accepted. I just recieved my card and No money. How long before I receive

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Advance

You should have already received an email for your temporary card with information on how to create an account. Once you have created an account you should receive your advance within 48 hours on the temporary card. 

Please make sure you check your junk/spam folder. The sender will be turboprepaidcard@email.turboprepaidcard.intuit.com for your temporary prepaid card. 

Please refer to the following help article for more information. 

About the Refund Advance temporary card - Community 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Advance

I would appreciate if it wasn't the same automated response!! Stop putting the link  to it we all know that.

We need some real answers is there some kind of problem? Are they being processed? There has been no email about it no response from the issuing bank nothing

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

Advance

You should receive your refund advance funds within 48 hours of the IRS accepting your return.

Ashcat001
Returning Member

Advance

do I receive the advance after the IRS “receives” or “approves”??? It doesn’t say accepts on the IRS site so I’m a bit confused.

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Advance

Once your tax return has been accepted, you will be notified by email of your approved amount. The refund advance program is run through First Century Bank, a partner site, and they are responsible for determining if you qualify.

You may need to check your junk or spam mail folder if the email does not arrive in your inbox.  You should receive your temporary card information by email and you will have to set up your account online. You can expect to receive a couple of emails during this process to get your account set up. Forty-eight hours after your acceptance, your advance money will be available on the virtual card. The temporary card info will work for 15 days or until you activate your physical Turbo Card, which will arrive within 5 to 10 business days of IRS acceptance and loan approval.

For more information, please see the TurboTax FAQ  below:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-receiving-your-refund-advance/00/27510

Ashcat001
Returning Member

Advance

Okay, but the language is different. So again, will the advance be initiated after the IRS “receives” OR “approves? Step 1 or step 2???

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Advance

@Ashcat001, For over 99% of people approved, you'll get your Refund Advance typically within 1 hour of the IRS accepting your e-filed tax return.  Source:  About Refund Advance - Community

Ashcat001
Returning Member

Advance

@DaraLO I understand that part. But on the IRS site it says “received”, “approved”, “sent”.

so is the advance initiated after it is “received” or “approved” per the IRS site)?

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Advance

Typically within 48 hours of the IRS accepting your return.

Once the IRS accepts your e-filed return and if you are eligible and approved for Refund Advance (a 0% APR loan with $0 loan fees) and the Turbo Visa Debit Card, you will first

get a notice in 1 hour, to set up the account. Once the account is set up the money then hits the account w/in 48 hrs.

Related Information:

rgunn002
Returning Member

Advance

I would like additional $500 because my refund is $5192. I received only a $1000.  Thank you

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies